The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brake pad question

TrickTT

Whats the best pads for a TT with uk brakes  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the best pads for a TT with uk brakes

My brake pads are getting close to needing replacing. I've got uk brakes with 3G grooved front and stock rear discs with braided lines and Motul fluid. I have got CW fast road pads in at the moment and i've been quite impressed by them.

I've had a search and discounted most types on pad based on performance/dust/life/noise/cost etc and I cant decide between another set of CW fast road, or TRD ones.

Anyone got some opinions please:)

Out of interest, what sort of mileage have you done on a set of CW fast road pads?

And before someone chips in, yes I know people have different driving styles, and therefore brake pad life will vary from driver to driver. Just after a rough idea as I'll be changing mine in the near future also :)

I have had a LOT of brake pads over the years:

Endless

Project Mu

TRD

Stock

Hawk HPS

Hawk HP+

Hawk Brembo Spec

Metal Matrix

and EBC Green

I have tried some track-only pads too but I will leave that out of this discussion.

I love to corner and circuit race, etc. For a STREET car, in terms of performance (what else matters???), here's my preference in order from best to worst:

Hawk Brembo Spec

Project Mu

Hawk HP+ (a bit aggressive for some people though I think)

Hawk HPS

Endless

EBC Green

TRD

Stock

Metal Matrix

The highest dust were the Hawk HPS.

The loudest were the Metal Matrix (also the worst).

The longest life - that's hard - but either the HPS or the Project Mu or the Endless. But none lasted so little time I felt cheated. I did take off the Metal Matrix and TRD before they were finished though.

Happy Braking!

Dusty

I have had a LOT of brake pads over the years:

Endless

Project Mu

TRD

Stock

Hawk HPS

Hawk HP+

Hawk Brembo Spec

Metal Matrix

and EBC Green

I have tried some track-only pads too but I will leave that out of this discussion.

I love to corner and circuit race, etc. For a STREET car, in terms of performance (what else matters???), here's my preference in order from best to worst:

Hawk Brembo Spec

Project Mu

Hawk HP+ (a bit aggressive for some people though I think)

Hawk HPS

Endless

EBC Green

TRD

Stock

Metal Matrix

The highest dust were the Hawk HPS.

The loudest were the Metal Matrix (also the worst).

The longest life - that's hard - but either the HPS or the Project Mu or the Endless. But none lasted so little time I felt cheated. I did take off the Metal Matrix and TRD before they were finished though.

Happy Braking!

Dusty

How much for Hawk Brembo Spec (front and rear UK calipers)?

How much for Hawk Brembo Spec (front and rear UK calipers)?

$87 front, $89 rear. I keep them in stock - they are BY FAR the most popular I sell in the states. Everyone loves them.

UK calipers and USA calipers on TT's are the same.

Cheers,

Dusty

I bow down to peoples wider experience but personally I've never really been that impressed with ebc (but I've only had experience of red pads)

good info there v8 killer :) will keep that in mind next time I need some

I've had at least one Supra for the last 9 years. I've tried everything the USA has to offer, and then some LOL.

At least 12 clutch/flywheel combinations, I've had over 20 turbos, 5 intake manifolds, 4 exhaust manifolds, wheels from 15" to 19", at least 8 suspensions I can recall, 4 different kinds of automatic transmissions, on and on and on!

I never tried the EBC Red though! DOH!!

$87 front, $89 rear. I keep them in stock - they are BY FAR the most popular I sell in the states. Everyone loves them.

UK calipers and USA calipers on TT's are the same.

Cheers,

Dusty

Got to be worth a try at that price:) . PM on the way for delivery costs.:D