The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New turbo kit on the way!!

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

My new turbo kit and OS Giken clutch should be here by the end of the week :D :p Can't wait! thanks go to Ashbhp for again making the girlfriend yell at me following the delivery of my latest bank statement :blink:

little teaser pic attached.

T51KAI07.jpg

Guest Nicholas
Nice. Where is it coming from?

The states, I got a good deal on the full kit from a guy off supreforums, it's brand new and never been fitted :cool:

Guest Nicholas
Nice one dude!

Should make it a bit quicker along that road, make sure you sort the brakes out though or you will be seeing probs from that road on the left :p

;) Hurry up and finish yours rob so we can have a "singles" night :D

Guest Nicholas
Nice one Nick :D when/where are you having it fitted?

Lx

me and my good buddy with many a jap car and a big garage are fitting it ;)

You in Leicester at the weekend?

Guest Nicholas
ah, I see ;)

yep, few last touch ups needed on bodywork of supra so will be at Neil's Saturday. Will you be around?

Lx

Cool, I look forward to seeing it :) I'll be around from 4ish onwards maybe we could all meet for a drink at Observatory again?

Cool, I look forward to seeing it :) I'll be around from 4ish onwards maybe we could all meet for a drink at Observatory again?

sounds good but the wee beastie will have to stay with neil for a couple of days so I will be without wheels :( and have to head home by train at some point :blink: Ash know where the garage is, so hopefully I'll catch up with you both at some point ;)

Lx

Guest Nicholas
sounds good but the wee beastie will have to stay with neil for a couple of days so I will be without wheels :( and have to head home by train at some point :blink: Ash know where the garage is, so hopefully I'll catch up with you both at some point ;)

Lx

Ok np no doubt Maz will be around too, his car looks fantastic in the photo's I've not seen it in the flesh yet though :)

Guest Nicholas
Nice on mate...can't wait for this bad boy to hit the streets

:) you gonna take me for a spin in your newly equipped motor this weekend mate? :cool:

Guest Nicholas
You would be more than welcome matey..but I am going away at the weekend to Cyprus :)

We will have to arrange a day...pop round for a cuppa.

lucky git! yeah I'll be fitting the single kit with Ash the weekend after you'll have to pop over to ash's and have a looksy ;)

Congrats on the kit!! Remember to add some fuel buddy so you aren't trying to find a good deal on pistons and machine work. :)

Did you get the OS Giken Twin or Triple?

FYI - the triple has a VERY VERY heavy pedal pressure. The Twin is not as bad, but still heavy. If you have traffic I do not think you will like it much.

Cheers,

Dusty

Guest Nicholas
Congrats on the kit!! Remember to add some fuel buddy so you aren't trying to find a good deal on pistons and machine work. :)

Did you get the OS Giken Twin or Triple?

FYI - the triple has a VERY VERY heavy pedal pressure. The Twin is not as bad, but still heavy. If you have traffic I do not think you will like it much.

Cheers,

Dusty

Thanks Dusty :) I went for the twin plate as mine has started slipping. I'm lucky as my car's a weekend toy I never drive in London!

Thanks Dusty :) I went for the twin plate as mine has started slipping. I'm lucky as my car's a weekend toy I never drive in London!

What's your power goal on the car? The twin is rates to 650 if I recall correctly. I assume you want less than that? What size turbo?

Guest Nicholas
What's your power goal on the car? The twin is rates to 650 if I recall correctly. I assume you want less than that? What size turbo?

I eventually want around 800hp at the fly the clutch I went for was the strongest version of the twin plate (Supra JZA80 2JZ-GTE Aluminium cover, Twin plate clutch, pressure of cover 10700N-m).

The turbo is the HKS T51 Kai :)

Turbo specs are here: - http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=818&rsku=4656

Guest Nicholas
I'm very familiar with the HKS T51 - no specs needed. ;)

On full boost, your clutch will give out eventually. You should be good for a while though, especially since you do not put many kilometers on your baby.

Looking forward to the dyno!

Dusty

I thought you would be mate :)

I'll maybe think about the RPS Carbon Carbon as a replacement when it goes then! ;)