The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear Bumper UK Spec vs Jap Spec

afreemason

Hiya Guys,

A bit of advice from the more techie inclined please:

Madam had a twat in a lorry nudge the back of her Jap Spec NA. Obviously we're claiming off their insurance but we've been asked by the insurance assessor if there is any difference between a Jap Spec bumber (costing several hundred pounds) and a UK rear bumper costing only a few hundred.

Anybody know the answer?????

Also ...... are there any nice aftermarket bumpers that might be a "better" option than one of those nasty expensive Jap spec ones :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

The UK bumper has a recess for the plate that is a more convential shape and it doesn't have a great big hole in it like the J-Spec ones do.

I guess you could join the masses and get a Trial rear for the same money.

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/mine/week2/supra-10.JPG

The UK bumper has a recess for the plate that is a more convential shape and it doesn't have a great big hole in it like the J-Spec ones do.

I guess you could join the masses and get a Trial rear for the same money.

Cheers chap ...... because I'm a lazy c0ck ..... anyone got a picture of said Trial bumper handy ??????

Well ...... that's impressive ...... it just popped up !!!!!!!!

CHEERS !!!!!!!

For those of you offering free or cheap replacements ..... you're generosity and warm feels are very much appreciated BUT as we're going through someone elses insurance I'm sure you'll understand our wish to have ..... well..... new !!!!!!! ha ha ha ha

I'd like to think the insurance company will fund a Trial rear bumper but the impression I'm getting is that a brand spanking new UK rear bumper will do the job so my hopes of an different yet financially more acceptable alternative for the insurance company is getting more unlikely !!!!!!!

So ..... just to confirm ..... other than the different number plate space (which is a good thing) there is no reason why a UK spec bumper won't just bolt straight on to a Jap spec NA ???????