The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra spot in Dr Who :)

Ian C

I was watching the latest Dr Who (the weeping angel one) round a friends, who has that newfangled TV on demand stuff, and something incidental caught my eye. about 12.5 minutes in the female protagonist of the episode is in a DVD shop and the guy behind the counter is watching some obscure film on a small tv mounted off the ceiling. When the episode cuts back to the small TV a second time you get about 0.3s of a closeup shot of the Supra logo!

I had to rewind it as I thought "I can't have seen that in Dr Who surely", but I did, hurrah. My friend said I was a sad c**t :rlol:

-Ian

Dr Who..... isn't that a kids programme? ;)

Oi, it's proper sci fi, something sadly lacking in today's culture of big brother and I'm a celebrity redecorate my house cooking shite, please check your imagination in at the front desk.

Oi, it's proper sci fi, something sadly lacking in today's culture of big brother and I'm a celebrity redecorate my house cooking shite, please check your imagination in at the front desk.

Hello fellow anorak wearer :sly: lol

:D Have to agree with u there Ian :amen:

L

It was, I think, one of the best Dr Who's they have done yet. Really creepy, and christ that bit where the bloke mustn't blink and he looks away for a microsecond and looks back and the damn things' hands are almost on his throat, jaysus!

The odd thing is it was very good scifi with all it's time travel elements. And yes, I know saying an episode of Dr Who is good because of it having time travel in seems daft, but in fact how often does the time travel come into it bar setting the initial scene? No, this one was fascinating with people going back in the past and slowboating it back to the episode's present time to pass on messages to this girl. Madness. And the DVD easter egg bit was just mental :) Brilliant plot, very well executed.

-Ian

didn't spot the logo Ian but have to agree it was one of the best episodes of the series, SF is sadly lacking from the box at the mo and Dr Who is defo filling a gap, i had a deja vu moment with the daughter who was hiding behind the couch petrified, i used to do that with Tom Baker down a mine all those years ago

Brilliant plot, very well executed.

here, here, best bit of telly I have watched in ages!

Time travel happens.. and if you drive a sup it's effects are exagerated! just ask einstein about relativity... just haven't figured how to go backwards in time yet...

maybe we need a gt55 for that...?