The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Brakes - Discs and Pads

rovervi

Go with a set of stock discs, unless you are willing to spend 3 times as much on a set of 2 piece discs, which are a little lighter and offer slightly better braking.

I use these Project Mu SCR-Pro discs on the front of mine

Endless Racing Disc

I use the TRD pads which are good for fast road use, I'm going to try the Endless pads when they need changing next time. If you want details/prices for pads let me know.

thanks Nic i have pm'd you. I am a bit of a 'driving miss daisy' so mega performance is not a worry i have bought some braided lines and dot 5.1 for a full flush which matched with new discs and pads shoudl do some decent stopping i just wanted something that maybe looked a bit 'fancier' for the front but if price is going to be that different then perhaps i shouldnt bother and i should stick to stock :confused:

i also use project mu scr pros and black diamon 1 piece rears. used to use trds and now use ebc yellows,reds are bloody awful, trds are better i reckon than the reds but not as good as the yellows when they warm up, but they do take time

i also use black diamond braided lines and rbf600 motul fluid

http://uzmanulhaq.info/caliperpaint.jpg

Ive been using DBA slotted discs, endless pads and braided lines with 5.1 fluid. They were perfect when new, but have warped a couple of times over the last few months. Only been used for fast road. Ive been looking at some others discs but dont know whether to splash out for a 2 piece disc. Would these be more resistant to warping?

2 piece(floating) discs-

"The advantage of this type of construction is reduced weight. By making the center-section of the disc out of aluminum, a great deal of weight can be saved in a key location, as it is both unsprung and rotating. The greatest advantage, however, lies in the float itself. The brake discs must cope with extreme temperature levels. In the case of a non-floating disc, thermal stresses develop which lead to warping of the disc and cupping of the braking surface. With the full floating system, the disc is free to grow relative to the bell, and can remain straight and true."

Thats the theory anyway.