The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seriously wound up!

Henk

This afternoon I am going down the A3 from Esher back home to Guildford, usual Sunday afternoon light -> medium traffic, in no hurry, enjoying the weather.

Cross over the M25 and there's loads of cars joining from the M25 so quite a few cars move into the outside lane to let them join.... not fussed in no hurry.....

Sitting behind a BMW & Corsa around 60mph, suddenly out of nowhere behind me is this Mercedes Saloon car (no idea of model), chap driving his whole family.....

He's flashing his lights, indicating right, gesticulating, waving his arms out of the window ;)

I have no where to go, inside lane chocka, still the 2 cars in front of me...... he's going mental back there (his high beam switch getting a hammering).... Now I'm wound up, what the hell does he want? I have no where to go.....

Anyway, Corsa & BMW move back to middle lane when safe and I speed up a little, he's still there going nuts behind me....

To cut a long story short.... I left him behind me (miles behind me :innocent: ), the last thing I see in the rear view mirror (after I flipped him the bird out of the window) was his wife kicking the hell out of him!!! :D

Why are there such total tossers on the road?

I don't know about you but if I had my family (or anyone else) in the car I'd be aware of the fact I have their lives in my hands too!

I think its fecking ignorant when people flash you out the way. I have to admit to slowing down just to piss them off even more. I know its not really worth it but i love the look on their face when i do it and their floor it away from them when traffic clears and they try to undertake me. :D

Its especially annoying when they start doing it to the car one in front of you and begin the whole driving onto the verge in an attempt to make an extra lane (like WhereTF are they gonna go??) throwing crap and gravel at the car behind them ie ME. I even get crappy little suzuki swifts and the likes trying that stuff with my rangey, if they hit that motor they are really going to hurt but it doesn't stop em ?????

Maybe someone in the back of the car was trying to die.

I did think about that, but the kids in the back were fighting / playing and his wife certainly was well enough to smack the hell out of him :)

I can only conclude he was in a hurry so as not to miss the Formula 1...

Amazingly enough I wake up this morning and I am still pissed off by his behaviour, I just don't know why this guy has got under my skin more than the rest of the useless ****** that have done this in the past.

The trouble with taking Jezzybabes' approach is that one day you step out of the car and a nasty little chav sticks a knife in your gut.... (mine's a big enough target ;))

I had one of these on the M5 many years back, again in a big Merc saloon.

I'd only just passed my test & the knob tried to run me off the road in my Mini, and I mean he was seriously trying to stack my car into the embankment. :( Talk about unfair advantage!

When I get one now I find slowing down & using rear fogs to make them increase their braking distance works well.

There are some right tosser's on the roads. If their hanging off my bumper I just slow right down.

Yeah i do the same, but when they try to overtake me after getting

really annoyed i plant my foot down and leave them standing. Not the best thing to do but you have to sometimes:d

I avoid flashing the lights at cars in front.

If I absolutely have no other option I'd only flash for half a second and wait. No reason to antagonise or aggravate someone else on the road, what if it's a moron or a nutter and slams on the brakes to create a pileup?

A quick flash and a wait shows respect and it often does the trick.