The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Let's petition Top Gear to test the Supra on their track.

RedM

It'd be interesting to see if we could them to do a reappraisal and test of the Supra and see how it compares to recent sports cars on their track.

Maybe even get them to try a BPU or street singled Supra too.

The Stig seems to be a pretty good and impartial driver so we could clarify some of the more interesting speed claims to rest as well.

Anyone?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really cant see this happening. Which type of Supra would you want tested... mods? stock? UK/Jap? auto/manual, twins / single?

I remember what happened when Tiff got hold of that modded blue RUF porsche and blew it up, I think it was sitting in G-Forces garage for 2-3 years getting fixed at the BBCs expense :lol:

I'm hoping we'll all sign a petition to give to them. Could be a laugh and maybe even a day out for 200-300 of us to the show recording. You never know.

I just think it'd be good to see how well the Supe stands up and heck, imagine if it got into the top half of the power lap results!!

Jeez, anyone would think we're scared of being shown up or something.;)

Who are you trying to impress? The same people who thought it was jap crap back in 1993 are still going to say the same thing. When it was released even Tiff said it'd show up most of the cars it was aimed at and some above it. Still, its just a Toyota. ;)

The only people who realise who good the car can be are those who have struggled to leave them around a track. Just look at the one lap team, their 13+ year old Supra beat all but the 2 machines that entered the competition, and out of the 2 that beat it one was a race spec porche and the other a big tuned Viper.

I really cant see this happening. Which type of Supra would you want tested... mods? stock? UK/Jap? auto/manual, twins / single?

I remember what happened when Tiff got hold of that modded blue RUF porsche and blew it up, I think it was sitting in G-Forces garage for 2-3 years getting fixed at the BBCs expense :lol:

I'd vote for a bone stock VVTi 6spd with the 4pots to be used (obviously with 112mph limiter removed). Anything bpu'd/singled and we are cheating ourselves.

I agree they won't want to know until the Lexus LFA or mkv 'Supra' comes out.

See the stig could really capatalize on this buy setting up a "i'll run what you've brung day" people I'm sure would pay x amount for him to drive your car around the track to see how fast he can get it and you get a few laps too.

They'd buy a 300ZX and fuck off into the sunset.

would they get as far as the sunset ??

RedM if you dont try youll never know, i think hammond would be up for it ,but i dont know about clarkson.have you got an email address for them .

A petition? I have better things to waste my time on.

Your a good ambassador :p

I agree you wont have no chance, but I would sign, Im sure it will take all of 2mins.........be good to see what they say......maybe you can give them the idea of starting a new section on testing non production cars, seeing how the past stand against todays cars, I dunno just trying to think of a way to get them intrested......:search: