The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my supra...

grahamc

After having spent the last week getting very excited about getting my car back....

Unfortunately, that is not how it went... Got in the car to drive off from TurboFit, car cuts out, then again and again (car is overfuelling on cold start and idle, badly). Finally got it start then went to petrol station, filled up, back to TurboFit.

No problems, so set off...

Car is going awesome lots of power, big smile on my face...

Then 15 miles from home, car loses all power and all drive on the M25... Dive onto the shoulder and car cuts out. Try to start, its turning over, but car will not start.

And that is where the car stayed, until the traffic officers (nice guys actually) and then finally road side assistance. £171 later, car is home, I have had to ride in a tow truck again... :banghead:

many phone calls between Greg (TurboFit) and me, so thanks for the help much appreciate it.

Now I have to push the around in my road which is a dirt road and full of pot holes, so I could stop bloking traffic down my road.

Officially pissed off!!!!

:swear:

:bang:

PS. Saw about 4 supra drive past, 1 white, 1 silver, 1 red and 1 black... anyone on here??

still need to figure out what the issue is, seem to think its down to the overfuelling

did not mean for this to come across as pointing fingers, TurboFit has been really helpful. Until the actual issue is found no one is being blamed. Remember the car was not mapped by them...

Guest Geneb
still need to figure out what the issue is, seem to think its down to the overfuelling

did not mean for this to come across as pointing fingers, TurboFit has been really helpful. Until the actual issue is found no one is being blamed. Remember the car was not mapped by them...

shame ryan.g is away today he may have been able to help out,sorry to hear about your probs bud today seems to be a shitter for em

didn't mean it as blame pointing either i just meant from reading the life and times of your car, its once again head back to turbofit lol, hope they sort it for ya or THOR do

think you have had to wait long enough to have your car back!

What a nigfhtmare :(

If it's suddenly cutting rather than just running rough, it's surely going to be a wiring/battery issue rather than a map one.

Why not try speaking to Ryan.G, he's a lot closer than turbofit and knows the Link ECU very well.

didn't mean it as blame pointing either i just meant from reading the life and times of your car, its once again head back to turbofit lol, hope they sort it for ya or THOR do

think you have had to wait long enough to have your car back!

Just re-read th whole thing, and just wanted to say that its not a blame thing, at least not for now :D Just had to pay £171 to get the car towed to my house, someone else is paying...

What a nigfhtmare :(

If it's suddenly cutting rather than just running rough, it's surely going to be a wiring/battery issue rather than a map one.

Why not try speaking to Ryan.G, he's a lot closer than turbofit and knows the Link ECU very well.

Sadly... heading that way... but all I can say is, "when it goes, it really does go"...

Good idea!

Why is it over fueling Graham? Has it been mapped?

Surely it should leave a tuners fully sorted and fully road tested to highlight any unexpected issues.

Yes, but there are some concerns about the cold start and idle... Cold start idle was between 2500 and 3000 rpm... way to high... and the afr was reading very rich.

Over fuelling is the best guess right now. Until someone that actually knows about cars looks at it... Its an educated guess made over the phone.

As Darryl said, suddenly cutting out as your driving along wouldn't be due to overfueling, more likely to be electrical.

So you drove your car away knowing there were issues? Mine was given a 3 days shake down/road testing to make sure there were no unexpected issues, before I was even 'allowed' to collect it. If I knew there was an issue I would personally not risk driving it away until it was sorted out, too much investment at stake to risk doing any damage.

Honestly, I would just be guessing...

I was not having any other problems with anything else electric, already been through alternator problems...

I thought that it was just a high ideal... Which I was going to book into THOR to have adjusted.

Graham, sorry to hear your plight. Obviously the last thing you want after waiting so long - is further issues. Good luck with it mate!

With all due respect to TF. Some of problems in tech & members cars seem to be coming from TF. Perhaps TF are flooded with work and they're fire-fighting (IE moving on from one job to the next .. without time to breathe) - I don't know. :shrug:

Just think it might be constructive to investigate the why's & wherefores.

Graham, sorry to hear your plight. Obviously the last thing you want after waiting so long - is further issues. Good luck with it mate!

With all due respect to TF. Some of problems in tech & members cars seem to be coming from TF. Perhaps TF are flooded with work and they're fire-fighting (IE moving on from one job to the next .. without time to breathe) - I don't know. :shrug:

Just think it might be constructive to investigate the why's & wherefores.

:yeahthat:

I am agreeing it sounds electrical and sounds exactly like a problem I had over a year ago. When a local garage did some work on my car It did the same thing as I left theirs they had a look and all seemed ok so I left. Later that day I got stuck in Aberdeen city centre when it happened again (some kn*b shouted the car in front aint a toyota) Any way it turned out to be conections in the indicated area on the pic.

I know it could be a hundred and one things but worth a look. Good luck and let us know!

zz.JPG

well my car arrived at house on a trailor

then got taken to turbofit on a trailor

then I tried to drive it to my moms broke down, back to turbofit on a trailor

then to THOR on a trailor

and now I try to drive it home, breaks down on the M25, trailor to my house

this week, trailor back to turbofit

PS. good memory... :D

well my car arrived at house on a trailor

then got taken to turbofit on a trailor

then I tried to drive it to my moms broke down, back to turbofit on a trailor

then to THOR on a trailor

and now I try to drive it home, breaks down on the M25, trailor to my house

this week, trailor back to turbofit

PS. good memory... :D

jeez mate your lucks as bad as mine:rolleyes: but still no where as bad as sheefa,s:D