The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre Need Replacing!

Havard

Hi,

Whilst painting my calipers this morning I noticed that one of my rears has had the dick.....;) I will replace them both but my question is.........my wheels are 8.5" and I want to put 255's on the back.

What makes of tyres should I avoid? The car is NA. I don't do track days and try to avoid going out in the wet as the car is not a daily driver.

Also, do any of the NW lads know a good place to go??

H.

If you don't do many miles how about fitting some Toyo Proxes? Excellent grip but not as long lasting as Eagle F1s.

As for good places in the NW, how about the M62 eastbound?

Are Toyo's expensive?? What about Falkens??

H.

My personal favourite tyre make is Bridgestone, i've used a few sets before, they get good reviews on here too( BRIDGESTONE REO50A ) a very quiet tyre too, the next tyre seems to be the site favourite Eagle F1's (No longer made, but available if you look) Toyo Proxes are not bad either from what i've read.

My personal favourite tyre make is Bridgestone, i've used a few sets before, they get good reviews on here too( BRIDGESTONE REO50A ) a very quiet tyre too, the next tyre seems to be the site favourite Eagle F1's (No longer made, but available if you look) Toyo Proxes are not bad either from what i've read.

I really want a good pair of rears but I don't want to pay silly prices for them. ;) Where do you go to get a good deal??

H.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll probably get shot for this but have you looked at the Nexen N3000 tyres. A good budget tyre with plenty of grip and good wear rate.

When I got my Supra it had N3000 on the front and I swear they felt more 'grippier' in the corners than my Eagle F1s. Unfortunately it had N2000s on the rears and they were shite.

Knowing that you have an NA and you aren't going to be suffering from those 'accidental' turbo engagements I'd say give a go. They're cheap enough to rip off and use as track tyres if you don't like them.

Paul give Jeffeys High Performance Tyres a phone on 01925 247 560

They are based in Warrington and when i needed some 285's for the rears on my old silver one they were by far the cheapest.

Cheers Gaz, I'll give them a bell tomorrow. I know you texted me their details before, but with everything that has been going on I have only just got back to looking after the Supe!!

At the mo I have the following options Dunlop S9000's £125.00

Bridgestones £143.00 or a couple of Falkens £118.00 (452's)

H.

I'll probably get shot for this but have you looked at the Nexen N3000 tyres. A good budget tyre with plenty of grip and good wear rate.

When I got my Supra it had N3000 on the front and I swear they felt more 'grippier' in the corners than my Eagle F1s. Unfortunately it had N2000s on the rears and they were shite.

Knowing that you have an NA and you aren't going to be suffering from those 'accidental' turbo engagements I'd say give a go. They're cheap enough to rip off and use as track tyres if you don't like them.

You're right the Nexen N3000 is a decent budget tyre, I have had good feedback from customers.