The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New car help

Guest Knighty

Guest Knighty

Have been keeping a look out for a Supra for a while now,found this on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290125587273&rd=1&rd=1

Says last owner was mechanic owned 5 years,anyone on the forum or anyone know the car ?

Very tempted but nearly 300 mile around trip to view.Contacted him and his price to buy outright is only £3500.

Looks like it wants a few small body work issues sorting,especialy the rust on tailgate,assume that could be a glass out job,and would put a decent exhaust on it.

Does it look a good buy.

Any help appreciated:)

Looks like a clean unabused example, saying that I'd personally never buy a car off ebay without being able to drive it and give it a thorough going over first.

Bubbling on the tail gate in that location is quite common.

That colour's quite rare, looks tidy, wheels gorgeous though a little fussy for the car, maybe?

will he meet you halfway to have a look, drive and check out the paperwork - assuming it has everything ;) You can ask when cambelt last changed, if its derestricted, mph converted etc

Price is good too, is it totally unmodified, apart from the wheels n mesh?

Linda

x

At £3500 I think it would be a good buy, especially for an aerotop. Make sure it doesn't leak though!!;)

I was looking for something like this for a while and opted for a hard top instead! Do the usual Hpi check, V5 and MOT's etc. I would imagine if he is a mechanic, he will have done all his own work on the car which isn't always a bad thing!

Looks tidy though from the pictures!

H.

Guest Knighty

Thanks for replies,bottom line is i've got no chance of getting to Bournemoth to view before auction ends,i can do an Hpi check etc.Tried to contact him on mobile number numerous times but just get ansa phone.

But am i taking too much of a risk buying unseen at that price.

Unless anyone on the forum who lives localish can give it the once over for me in return for a few beer tokens;).

It just seems to hit most off the buttons i've been looking for in my search,still seems toooo cheap tho...

Guest Knighty

Just says cash on collection.

Bought my current motor slightly modified V6 Cougar of eBay but was a known forum member and had no problems in 18 months just scrolled through his posts for problems etc,but would be buying this pretty blind so to speak.

Looks lovely 110000miles a bit high but for £3500 i would bite his arm off, you are doing the right thing trying to get someone local to have a look at it I thought you would have had an offer by now.

Let us know how the hpi goes.