The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T51 Kai

AlanM

No first hand experience, so can only pass on what I know from other forums and 2nd hand info... It's a BIG turbo, so not really a great deal of use at street speeds. Whether it's a good choice for you depends on your aims for the car & it's usage

I just don't see the point of a stroker if you have a turbo and ECU setup for your needs.

For a blisteringly fast track and road car, a small turbo will be your best bet, something like the PHR stage 1 or BL T61; combined with a 'proper' ECU and professional map it'll be a phenomenally quick car. I think Chris Wilson recently said that Wez's car was one of the best set up Supra's around.

Have you had any opportunity to drive any T61/T67/GT4088 supra's so far?

Have AEM EMS from GB to go on and 880cc injectors

Not even had a ride in one of them mate, but heading down south last week of this month, gonna ask on here see if I can catch a ride in a few different singles

No first hand experience, so can only pass on what I know from other forums and 2nd hand info... It's a BIG turbo, so not really a great deal of use at street speeds. Whether it's a good choice for you depends on your aims for the car & it's usage

If your referring to HKS T51 SPL, then yes.

The Kai is very street able and far from laggy, Homer you must have ride in my car to fully appreciate it. :)

Alan, you will love the Kai BB. :D

The Kai is very street able and far from laggy, Homer you must have ride in my car to fully appreciate it. :)

If we get the chance to meet I'd really appreciate that :D Hopefully can repay the favour too ;)

As mentioned I'm going on 2nd hand info so don't fully trust it myself. It does seem a big turbo spec wise and a much later spooler than my T67. Personally I wouldn't want anything more laggy than my current spec, but then I wanted one with a nice combo of low spool and decent power up to 6.5k rpm.

If we get the chance to meet I'd really appreciate that :D Hopefully can repay the favour too ;)

As mentioned I'm going on 2nd hand info so don't fully trust it myself. It does seem a big turbo spec wise and a much later spooler than my T67. Personally I wouldn't want anything more laggy than my current spec, but then I wanted one with a nice combo of low spool and decent power up to 6.5k rpm.

I now exactly were you coming from mate the T67 is a great quick spooling tubby and the 4088's, but for me they run out of steam after 6000ish rpm.

I find i get the best of both worlds with my T51. :)

I had T67 in my little Pulsar GTI R and loved it. ;)

I have e-mailed him a link to this thread Alan. I always always ALWAYS advise small is better on a road car. My Skyline engine (not finished yet, only been 2 years in the making...) is for track usage, has a spec to die for, but is not getting anything bigger than a 4088R on it, and that'll rev to 9800. If it was for the road it would have something smaller. You need to go out in Wes's car, it's just fabulous as a road car, a great balance between low end grunt and a decent top end. If he puts some mild cams in it, it will be awesome, it's great now. 40% turbo sizing, 60% mapping.

the T67 is a great quick spooling tubby and the 4088's, but for me they run out of steam after 6000ish rpm.
Huh? I've never heard that before.

My 4088 certainly doesn't, and the dynos of other people's 4088 and T67s didn't seem to either.

I now exactly were you coming from mate the T67 is a great quick spooling tubby and the 4088's, but for me they run out of steam after 6000ish rpm.

I'm not finding that on my spec Ash. Even with the stock jspec cams it's pulling harder and harder to the stock rev limit, it only tails off a bit above 6400rpm, but this is due to the cams more than anything. With some mild cams in there and a remap it should be pulling hard right up to the limit.

Glad a 4088 owner joined in, can I PM you over weekend Jake see if I can get a ride in your car last week of this mnth. Have to go out in a mo to pick up my daughter but will catch this thread later

Thanks so far guys