The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1999 RSP VVTI on ebay

Jezz

:confused: Hmmm 1999 never registered in Japan something don't add up

Anyone else want to say if i'm right or wrong?

Probably wrong :D

Reads to me like he walked into a showroom in Japan, bought it and brought it over to be registered as new in the UK. A bit like going to Germany to buy an Audi TT.

On 06-Jun-07 at 20:04:58 BST, seller added the following information:

Hi Just to let you know I am now out of the country until the 24th but can be contacted on 07872142898 whilst away. The winning bidder should contact me, either by phone or by email, to arrange collection upon my return.

Oh yeah hand over £500 notes auction ends in 19hrs and the guy is 'Out of the Country' until the 24th :blink:

Who sells their car when they're on holiday???

Um I had the whole going on holiday question but then I read it through and he is working abroad alot. So basically in the same boat I am in. If I wanted to sell any car I own I would be the same as I am working mostly out in Holland and unable to be in the UK for long periods of time (ie as long as it takes to sell a car which can take bloody months). The ad seems gen enough and I am sure should you call the guy he will furnish you with details on how to get the car checked out. If he doesn't then its a walk away job pretty simple really.

Same story as mine, it was imported by Brundle back in 1998 new, and there's is another kicking round with the same number plate bar it's the one registered before it, which i saw it in evo mag a few years ago.

The one on my drive is exaclty the same spec bar the wheels :( and mats:(

It's no bargain, seeing as there are 6sp VVTi ones going for 11½k these days.

Have you driven a Tipto Jez? Theyre not everyone's cuppa

Yeah. I've driven worse tips tbh. This is for the guy i work with, he wanted tiptronic vvti and i guess the fact its a really late car sort of sold him on it. I can see a 6 speed going in it if he doesnt like the buttons though. :D

Same story as mine, it was imported by Brundle back in 1998 new, and there's is another kicking round with the same number plate bar it's the one registered before it, which i saw it in evo mag a few years ago.

The one on my drive is exaclty the same spec bar the wheels :( and mats:(

If it was Brundles car it was around Plymouth I think; I have seen apic on garage wall of it with him. I nearly bought a red supra from the same place years ago but didnt when on the test drive all the brake fluid ran out of the rear brakes lol

Rich

• 3 weeks later...
Hmm smells of dodgy old fish then. How long til its relisted then :D

I just did some research. Vin plate decodes as a 4 speed auto SZ. That cant be right surely? :blink: Was a shame to see a late car in such a neglected state. :( The bodywork was terrible, mould around the lights, evidence of filler work on the front end, and the arms/underside was rustier than a 1975 allegro! :D

This turned out to be a neglected nail. :( Something very odd about the whole car as well. So we walked away.

'6 pot brakes, better than the earlier 4 pots'. Er, neither then, just 2 pot fronts. On a 99 vvti??

My 98 VVTI came in with 2 pot fronts.... :)