The mkiv Supra Owners Club

White Brake Calipers??

Havard

Has anybody got a car with white ones on??

I have J-specs on at the moment and I will go UK probably next year! I have just looked at my pads and there is plenty of meat on them all!!

My calipers are looking a bit rusty so I thought about painting them white??

H.

*Oh the car is white obviously!!*

I would imagine they will look great when clean but will be a bugger to keep that way!!

H.

Yep, They would look great, for a few miles at least, then they would get completely covered in brake dust!:)

You'd have to make a point of properly cleaning them every time you cleaned the rest of the car.

Yep, They would look great, for a few miles at least, then they would get completely covered in brake dust!:)

You'd have to make a point of properly cleaning them every time you cleaned the rest of the car.

I think I better be a bit more honest.......:innocent: I have already done the passenger side of the car.......:D Just waiting for the paint to dry before a second coat is applied.

They can't look any worse than the rusty piles of shit I uncovered when taking the wheels off......:blink:

H.

I think I better be a bit more honest.......:innocent: I have already done the passenger side of the car.......:D Just waiting for the paint to dry before a second coat is applied.

They can't look any worse than the rusty piles of shit I uncovered when taking the wheels off......:blink:

H.

LOL!:D and yes, they will look better white than rust colored!!:)

I have black ones but, found that when I used a VHT clear coat on top, they only need a wipe over when I wash the car and they come up real clean. Very easy.

I used this:http://www.usautomotive.co.uk/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=343

I will be doing this soon, I have carbon look Supra decals to go on the calipers which should hopefully look the nuts. Only down side is that I have J spec brakes which dont have anyroom on the rears to put the logo

Where do you get the decals from??

H.

Sorry I cant seem to find them which is a bit annoying :(

I will find them during the week as I planned to put them on soon and will let you know where I got them

Cheers Charlton!!

I was going to start a separate thread with the pictures of my calipers.

H.

Paul, on my old silver one (have a look in my sig for pics) i didnt bother with the decals, instead i made a stencil of the supra logo and sprayed the logo on. Pretty easy to do and wont wear off like the decals do.

How did you make a stencil Gaz!! Excuse me if I am not the sharpest knife in the box!!

H.

How did you make a stencil Gaz!! Excuse me if I am not the sharpest knife in the box!!

H.

I used some fairly wide masking tape. Print out the supra logo ( i can sort that part out for you if you want ;) ), then just cut that shape out of the masking tape. Place the masking tape on the calipers over the white paint, mask off the rest of the callipers to protect from overspray. Spray new colour and remove the masking when dry. Can even finish them off with a coat of lacquer or 2 to help protect them.