The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What service?

Lucas

Good work Nic never seen those before.

Oil and Filter change on a TT is 3,000 miles mate tops. See the Oil Thread FAQ for which grade of oil you should use.

Thoroughly recommend Silkolene 10w-50 ;)

The first thing I did when I bought mine was got Chris Wilson to do a FULL service on her - well worth it.

personally i would just work from whatever service was done last rather than the service schedule.

has it had a FULL service since you got the car? service history?

The car had a full service when I bought it so was looking at when the next one would be and the changing of oil. I am of to the the Nurberg Ring so think a oil change before hand would be a good idea.

Oil and Filter change on a TT is 3,000 miles mate tops.

Oh, for goodness sake. If this carries on, soon people will be advocating changing the oil before every journey.

The Toyota service interval is 9000 miles - and that's on semi-synthetic 10W30. For a totally stock car doing average mileage I can't think of a good reason not to stick to that. Ok, so it’s a turbo and the oil gets worked hard so maybe an interim oil change halfway between normal intervals isn't a bad idea. However, despite what you may read in some threads on here, this additional oil change was never officially specified for the Supra. Certain Toyota models, yes, but not the Supra.

I think a lot of this short oil change interval stuff originates from the US, where they still seem to be clinging onto changing the oil "after its gone black" - cobblers. Also, there's still far too much willy-waving about how much money people spend on oil on this site. It seems to be some kind of badge of honour or something. If you want to fill up with SuperDoubleSynthPurpleMegaKerching 0W0 and then change it out before it gets warm then bully for you, but I don't see much technical evidence to back up that its actually necessary.

And - for the N.millionth time - there is no such thing as a "full service". Nearly each and every service is different, depending on what does and what doesn't get changed. If you really want a full monty service with fries and then it would be a "B" service but with ALL the fluids plus a tappet shim check and by my calcs that combination doesn't roll around until 108000 miles.

Nic has posted up the pukka schedules right there. The UK TT handbook also has them in it - I've posted up scans of those pages myself. I'd suggest starting from those and deciding based on your level of tune what you want to enhance and what you want to skimp on (if anything). The other golden rule is to get the timing belt changed if you don’t know when it was done last.

[/rant]

And - for the N.millionth time - there is no such thing as a "full service". Nearly each and every service is different, depending on what does and what doesn't get changed. If you really want a full monty service with fries and then it would be a "B" service but with ALL the fluids plus a tappet shim check and by my calcs that combination doesn't roll around until 108000 miles.

whoa tiger ;)

what i meant by 'full service' was that if a car had little or no service history when buying it i would give it a FULL SERVICE (i.e ALL servicable items are changed).

obviously this would only be if you can't ascertain how well the car has been maintained in the past or if the previous owners had stuck to the service schedule a la Nic's post.

just for the record I totally agree about the oil change intervals :)

No sorry pete.

Apologies Digsy, just going by what I read and what I stick to mate. :)

RobDogg, it depends on what you want done. Mine was £1,000 but included a LOT includng new disks and pads all round, battery, spark plugs, fluids, etc etc.