The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TOTB 2007 - Entries need to be in

Ian C

If you wish to compete in Ten of the Best 2007, you need to get your entries in by the 2nd July. The entry form is attached to this post.

Please post up here if you are intending on competing, there is an ostensible limit of 10 cars but sadly I think the spark has gone out of the event for most of the Supra crowd due to it no longer being a street car event and geared a lot more towards 4WD tuner cars, so I doubt we'll get near that...

I know the Envy crew are running, and kudos to them for doing it - I hope they will get a lot of support from you all :) I personally can't afford it now after buying a house, so my car is retired from competition forever. I have no idea if Chiefgroover wil attend now after his differences on here (and that's all I want to hear about it in this thread) so I think that just leaves Gruggs as another definite contender if he's got his car built...

Any other takes? It's only £100 :innocent:

Or you could visit RedM instead :rlol:

-Ian

TOTB 6 Entry form.xls

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ian,

One way of the other i will be running. Its already been squared away with the organisers that even if i dont have a time that i can run.

The car is getting there slowly..last order of parts to come in and then all systems go...One weekend of building should see it.

Just need to put the fuel system in, the greddy intake manifold on (oh if anyone has any advice on the fitting on these it would be a great help) and then the greddy 3 row fmic to be put on.

Then its up to the wizardry of Dimitri for the mapping, back up the road for full suspension set up and corner weighting and bingo ready to rock.

Cheers

G

anybody with a 12.5 or less 1/4 mile should think about this. You wont EVER be the quickest car there so just have a good day out and make the most of the handling circuit. Obviously some of the big power guys it would be good to see you there, its a long way to go but a good day out if you get to run the car.

JB

anybody with a 12.5 or less 1/4 mile should think about this. You wont EVER be the quickest car there so just have a good day out and make the most of the handling circuit. Obviously some of the big power guys it would be good to see you there, its a long way to go but a good day out if you get to run the car.

JB

Thats it JB, and I know Im no big build, but I will try for the event. I was in the very first TOTB after only picking the car up that morning. So it would be good to see how I do now after 5 years ownership..........:cool:

So what if it's for tuners? As Branners said you won't ever be the fastest there but why not just go for the crack?

There must be some fast cars on here as I'm forever seeing threads about beating Lambos, Ferraris etc etc so those Supes are still going to put in a respectable performance. So what gives?

Maybe CW was right. Maybe we just prefer to sit them in car-parks and talk about them.

FFS if I had the required power and times I'd bloody enter.

Oh, and regarding my post that IanC links to. I don't have a downer on TOTB. I love it and will be there, rain or shine. I was having a pop at those who moaned about the cost and how boring it all was last year when they spent most of the time sat by their cars.

I wonder what difference some drag tyres could make to my time?!

ps. wasn't Gaz talking about that Green monster potentially competing in this too?

Careful, many types of tyre have been outlawed. No drag slick style 'ET Streets' allowed....

I'd like to enter again but the £100 entry fee is takin the piss a bit IMO, on top of fuel costs there and back, race fuel and tyres whilst there, hotel fee for the night or two + spending money for the £50 hamburgers means this event quickly turns into a £500 weekend.

How about I drape mkivsupra.net stickers all over my car along with things like "standard engine" and "standard turbos" in return for some club sponsorship to raise a few eyebrows :eyebrows: as to the kinda times a standardish Supra can do? :D

Cheers,

Brian.

GTROC have yeah. "Team Skyline" is running though...

Have a cup of tea to hand:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/75247-gtr-register-withdrawal-totb-vi-explanation-4.html?highlight=totb

What a bunch of moany old women (but then we knew that already). Their attitude just seems to reinforce the reasons why the other club didnt want to let them choose the teams. Its not about a single club anymore, its about a marque and how well they do. If Chris wants to choose our team from the spec sheets and previous times I would have no problem with that, its just an event and its supposed to be fun but also make TOTB some money.

If gtr dont like it why dont they start their own event with their own rules...

JB

So what if it's for tuners? As Branners said you won't ever be the fastest there but why not just go for the crack?

There must be some fast cars on here as I'm forever seeing threads about beating Lambos, Ferraris etc etc so those Supes are still going to put in a respectable performance. So what gives?

Maybe CW was right. Maybe we just prefer to sit them in car-parks and talk about them.

FFS if I had the required power and times I'd bloody enter.

Oh, and regarding my post that IanC links to. I don't have a downer on TOTB. I love it and will be there, rain or shine. I was having a pop at those who moaned about the cost and how boring it all was last year when they spent most of the time sat by their cars.

I just want you to know that I found your comment funny and I wasn't having a go at you by linking to it :)

I competed in TOTB 1, 2, 3, and 4, but missed 5 out due to personal complications. I am quite awful at drag racing, I have indeed always gone along for the crack. I've never used drag tyres there though, but I have a set that I think are allowed now. Alas having just bought a house I really can't justify £100 and a tub o race fuel to chance wrecking my only form of transport!

At TOTB4 the car didn't miss a beat all day and got 3rd in class on the top speed run with 184mph :D So maybe my tale of matching the Carrera GT still holds water ;)

I'd also really like a go at the handling circuit again too because I've got the knack of throwing it around a track now. Alas my mechanical sympathy and sheer guilt pangs at ragging it make the whole event more stressful than fun, what a conflicting set of emotions that is!

-Ian

I wonder what difference some drag tyres could make to my time?!

ps. wasn't Gaz talking about that Green monster potentially competing in this too?

It'll certainly be there and hopefully running depending on the times thing with Chris, I not sure we'll have concrete times before the event.

Even when it runs though it won't be with big power - we are taking a staged approached with the power on this one.

Gaz.

I just want you to know that I found your comment funny and I wasn't having a go at you by linking to it :)

I competed in TOTB 1, 2, 3, and 4, but missed 5 out due to personal complications. I am quite awful at drag racing, I have indeed always gone along for the crack. I've never used drag tyres there though, but I have a set that I think are allowed now. Alas having just bought a house I really can't justify £100 and a tub o race fuel to chance wrecking my only form of transport!

At TOTB4 the car didn't miss a beat all day and got 3rd in class on the top speed run with 184mph :D So maybe my tale of matching the Carrera GT still holds water ;)

I'd also really like a go at the handling circuit again too because I've got the knack of throwing it around a track now. Alas my mechanical sympathy and sheer guilt pangs at ragging it make the whole event more stressful than fun, what a conflicting set of emotions that is!

-Ian

Ian,

If I had more disposable income I'd pay half your costs and fuel. You are without doubt the best all-rounder we have. If you can't justify running though then you'll at least turn up to watch right? I must say hello this year. Nearly introduced myself last year but settled for just standing about three feet away! :blink:

Hi Branners/Ian C, Chris Mann has asked me to post this up on his behalf as he can not get in touch with either of you.

""hi gaz/kev

quick question, can you please get branners or Ian chisholm to email me please (if need be post something on your forum) as i have sent a few emails recently to them without reply, and i need an update on the totb team etc as a few forms have come in. I'm not registered to post on there thats all"

Could you please get in touch his email is [email protected]

Thanks

Kevin