The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I let my girlfriend drive my Supe last night and guess what happened..........

Sheefa

She loved it!! :)

She's been banging on at me for a while now asking for a drive even though she actually hates the car for the grief, emotional and financial, it's brought me since ownership.

I took her down a long stretch of road in Dickens Heath (about 1.5miles long and completely straight ;)) and just showed her the basics whilst she sat in the passenger seat. The it was over to her!

As it's an Auto I stressed 2 key things.

RULE NUMBER 1: DO NOT, and I mean DO NOT, go above 4,000rpm or slam your foot on the accelerator (luckily she didnt as one tubbie was quick enough for her compare to her Pug 106!)

RULE NUMBER 2: DON'T use your left foot for anything - braking or non-existent clutch pedal use! It was the mistake I first made when i drove the Auto as I began accelerating and harsh braking everywhere!!!

Anyways, she absolutely loved it, loved the looks it got from people on the way home and wants me to keep it. Sadly, she's not prepared to lend my £8k to pay off my credit cards!:rolleyes:

Still, if you ever get grief from the woman about the car, give them a shot in it. It may well help change their perspective on these wonderful machines as it did mine. ;)

Cheers,

Greg

Plus I got a BJ later which was an added bonus.

Matt, £8k in cards mate, doesn;'t include my £11k Direct Line Loan for the Car and my £12k Student Loan from Uni!!

Hence the car is up for sale to clear at least some of the headache. :(

AndyT - Indeed matey, hopefully I can persuade her to sell her body for cash and fund the above payoffs. ;)

hiya ;)

So glad she's into the supra, what took you so long to introduce her??!!! shame on you!! :twak: :D

I've had my beast bit less than 6 months and I couldnt be without it now, have a whole new lifestyle and the biggest, longest lasting smile ever :D

:lalala:

RULE NUMBER 1: DO NOT, and I mean DO NOT, go above 4,000rpm or slam your foot on the accelerator

There's a flaw in this rule in that this requires taking your eyes off the road!

Plus I got a BJ later which was an added bonus.

She can test drive mine too if she likes. :D

Matt, £8k in cards mate, doesn;'t include my £11k Direct Line Loan for the Car and my £12k Student Loan from Uni!!

Hence the car is up for sale to clear at least some of the headache. :(

AndyT - Indeed matey, hopefully I can persuade her to sell her body for cash and fund the above payoffs. ;)

:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: all i can say is wow! thats nuts!

OK Pete :)

Yeah I know Matt, scary matey. Student Loan doesn't 'really' count I keep telling myself, but need to sort out the other debts asap. I've got a good job at the mo and the Direct Line Loan will be clear within 2 years max, and if I sell the car I could be debt free by about this time next year I reckon - if I'm careful! :) Let my grief of debt be a warning to you!

Thanks Ian - sad too mate. It does kill everytime I get in her when she's working well, like now. But as you say, this really does have to be done unless I come into some substantial money soon!

Yeah DNK that's the one mate. PM me if you fancy a meet up. It's only 15mins away from me as the girlfriend works at the Durham Ox - or used to up until last week anyway. Got a few mates around there including the one building the absolutely mental M3 M5 GTR! :)

I've never seen you about mate. Do you travel into Solihull way at all?

Afraid my car only comes out weekends really as its garaged up at a m8's place in Earlswood so its too much hassel to go get it to bring it out during the week.

Used to live in Solihull near the Greville Arms Beechnut Lane, now live in Wythall by the White Swan, we'll have to get a mini meet at Mortons in Dickens heath sorted before youve sold her.

The cars would look good there :D

Regards

Dunk

Yeah DNK that's the one mate. PM me if you fancy a meet up. It's only 15mins away from me as the girlfriend works at the Durham Ox - or used to up until last week anyway. Got a few mates around there including the one building the absolutely mental M3 M5 GTR! :)

I've never seen you about mate. Do you travel into Solihull way at all?

OK Pete :)

Yeah I know Matt, scary matey. Student Loan doesn't 'really' count I keep telling myself, but need to sort out the other debts asap. I've

I say the same thing to myself. BUT why should it not count?! Crazy graduate thinking I guess? I have just ignored mine for 4 years now:tongue: