The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbonut the mechanic!!

turbonut

Well guys, for all you doubting thomas's on women's ability (or the lack of it ;) ) with a spanner, I fitted my new facelift indicator units and wiring to my prefacelift supra :D

I've just had a new kit fitted - proudly wearing blisters, gashes, puncture wounds (s/s mesh :rolleyes: ) from helping with the fitting - which required the face lift lights. Previous front and skirts were VS.

Found an excellent fitting guide by I-macca after doing a search on the forum, then took out my toolbox, soldering iron, insulating tape etc and set to work. Actually quite straightforward though fiddly, and they work a treat :p :D

Next weekend I'll be fitting my stubby arial :eyebrows: about to order hard pipe and silicon hose for an Apexi ind kit which will be next up after that ;)

L

Well done Lin! ;) Pics please!

Cetrainly make a difference don't they. Did you wire them into the sidelights too?

Hi Greg

Just taken pics, including new leather seats too so will post hopefully tonight.

tbh, I think the sidelights are a bit too much, thinking about getting the holes filled to keep a clean line along the side, as there are side repeaters on the front wings that are adequate.

I'm really pleased with the result though it shows up the stone chips on the bonnet and front wings now!! :rolleyes:

lolxx

Well done Linda. You are loads more capable than me with a spanner thats for sure. Then again dead people are better than me with a spanner too :)

(that wasn't meant to detract from your accomplishment by the way as you definately are very capable under the bonnet) :)

Turbonut the mechanic

And

I fitted

Kinda hit the nail on the head there my friend, most 'mechanics' these days are only fitters

Query a problem and their first answer will be 'replace'!

Better to get those hands dirty and do it yourself!;)

Well done!! The last time I looked under the bonnet and attempted to do something - which I believe was as technical as check the oil - I managed to slam the bonnet down on my Diesel sunglasses that I had rested on top of the engine [OOPS][/OOPS]