The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bouncing balls...and other problems(!)

Guest smokeymo

Guest smokeymo

:( some bastard little yobs seem to have bounced a football on the bonnet of my Supra...now I have 4 lovely dents in it:search:

Anyone used one of these dent removal companies? do they work or am I better off just taking the car to the body repair shop to get it done as normal.

Car is a 2000 N/A aero,probably about time I got the whole car tidied up.

My roof seems to have started leaking on the driver side in the rain as well but I can't seeand difference on the seal from one side to the other so I can't work out what's wrong.Anyone have the same problem?

Last question...I have the standard wheels the car came with and want to change them and paint the brakes calipers to match the car in red.Any specific suggestions of where to go and what to get as there seem to be so many wheels on the market I'm not sure where to start although Jemca who service the car do a set for about £1200 including new tyres...is that cool?

Best

SmokeyMo

Mate

There was a thread on here a couple of weeks back showing a video of how to get rid of large dents.

You basically heated up the area with a hair dryer for a couple of minutes and then sprayed dust cleaner on it (the stuff you use on computer keyboards).

It works obviously with heat then extreme cold expanding and contracting the area which forces the dent out.

Not tryed it myself but it looked good. I'll see if i can find it.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/501379/remove_car_dent_with_airduster/

This is it

Guest smokeymo

Awesome...thank much...now I just need to find the ice co2 spray...and watch my wifes face as she sees me using her hairdryer on the car!

Best

SmokeyMo

Yup this worked on the kind of dents the ball would leave mate. ie no creases as such.

1200 was nigh what I paid for the Ultralites and Falken 452's, so seems good deal.

Painting I haven't done but a couple have recently with good results. Have fun. :)

Awesome...thank much...now I just need to find the ice co2 spray...and watch my wifes face as she sees me using her hairdryer on the car!

Best

SmokeyMo

Its worth a go, if it doesn't work you can still take it to be repaired or just buy a second hand replacement bonnet and get it resprayed.

• 2 years later...

brilliant. I really want to give this a go too. Trolley dings really are annoying.

I might get the door card off and try the old spoon rolling trick to push out the dents. I tried it on a dent on an old car years ago.....tip....never us a screwdriver to try and push out a dent fromt he inside. :p