The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who'd be interested?

SuperSupra

Would you want it and how much would you pay?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want it and how much would you pay?

• Yes I'd love it and I'd pay around £400
    • Yeah but I'd only pay £300ish
    • Would be good, but would pay no more than £200
    • Would want the carpets sent to me for me to fit myself
    • Wouldn't really be interested at all to be honest

POLL ADDED!

Me and a good friend of mine are thinking of offering a service of fitting a good quality carpet in a variety of colours (including black) to the interior of cars with the Supra being our starting block. The idea is to come to your home or place of work and fit it all there rather than taking the car anywhere.

The quality of the job would be guaranteed and we are experimenting on a couple of cars first to ensure the products we use are suitable for the job in hand.

I am posting this really to find out how many people would be interested and what sort of price people would be prepared to pay altogether. Or whether people would prefer to have the carpets made to size and sent to them for them to fit themselves.

I have seen figures of £300-£400 in the past for the black carpets just to buy them, not sure if this is still the case. Some feedback as to how much interest there would be and a rough idea of price would be massively appreciated.

Thanks.

I have seen figures of £300-£400 in the past for the black carpets just to buy them, not sure if this is still the case.

Thanks.

For a black carpet i would (if i couldnt do it myself) just pay some the labour and small amout for dye.

Have you got somewhere to store all the interior parts when they are out of the car just incase it rains etc?

Good luck mate and hope it goes well for you.;)

To buy a new OEM Toyota carpet is silly money, I've not checked recently, but seem to remember it was close to £1000 from memory for the lot. So I'm sure there'd be interest if you can do it for a good price.

ps. you may want to run this by Mawby first, as you'll probably need to sign up as a trader or hobbiest.

£300-£400 just for the carpets sounds too much to me.

I need to get the interior redone on the 964, and when I had the paintwork done the bodyshop recommended a local guy. He would have replaced all my carpeting in the 964 for around £300 - including him doing the work.

I still plan to get it done, just ran out of time before summer started.

What sort of carpet though? Are we talking you coming along with some generic material and making it fit?

The Toyota carpets command a high price because they are designed to fit and have all the edge fittings etc.

For a black carpet i would (if i couldnt do it myself) just pay some the labour and small amout for dye.

Have you got somewhere to store all the interior parts when they are out of the car just incase it rains etc?

Good luck mate and hope it goes well for you.;)

If we came to your address we would make suitable arrangements to store the parts while the carpets were being fitted yeah. I had thought about this, and I reckon getting a van for the job would be a good idea.

What sort of carpet though? Are we talking you coming along with some generic material and making it fit?

The Toyota carpets command a high price because they are designed to fit and have all the edge fittings etc.

It would be a high quality carpet material that was suitable for the job which is why we need to experiment with my car and others first. Obviously before I get any definite numbers I'd post pics of how it goes with mine first but we have a rough idea of what materials to use. The guy I am thinking of going into with this is a very experienced floor and carpet fitter and he is confident the materials can be fitted without any problems and be long lasting too.

I would get Mod approval first, before selling your warez.

Would the carpet come with the sound proofing sections like on the stock carpet.

Don't worry guys I'm planning on getting approval from the relevant people if we decide to go ahead with the idea. To be honest that's one thing I hadn't looked into about the sound proofing so thanks for the heads up there. I'll look into that one.

Appreciate all the comments guys.

To buy a new OEM Toyota carpet is silly money, I've not checked recently, but seem to remember it was close to £1000 from memory for the lot. So I'm sure there'd be interest if you can do it for a good price.

ps. you may want to run this by Mawby first, as you'll probably need to sign up as a trader or hobbiest.

Wow, a grand? Crikey! That sure is silly money. Obviously this is designed by Mr T himself thus the price but I'm confident we can provide something just as good for a fraction of the price.

Personally I wouldn't be interested. You can dye the stock carpet black for around £20.

Custom colours might be the area that *some* people will be interested.

As Col mentioned, you'll need to get approval to offer this, but there is no problem with this 'interest' thread.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. And the votes too. Very helpful. We're going to give it a try some time over the next few weeks, taking the plunge with my car being the guinea pig! I'll let people know how it goes and all being well I may well be applying for trader status before too long :)

P.S We are also considering looking beyond this into all kinds of retrim and also custom mats and interior designs. Will keep you all posted for whoever may be interested.