The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pro Karting @ 3 Sisters Race Circuit (29th June 2007)

wez_p

I've been offered some spare places on a pro karting event at 3 Sisters Race Circuit (near Wigan). It's a 2 hour Endurance race in teams of 4 in twin-engined pro karts. There's also a 30 minute timed practice/qualifying session beforehand.

Driver & re-fuelling strategy is left to the team. The circuit is about 1000m in length & the karts are powered by 2 x unrestricted 160cc Honda 4 stroke engines.

This is considered to be the next step up from indoor karting & is a proper kart racing circuit, as used by the RAC British Kart Grand Prix. The karts are capable of speeds up to 70mph!

It's £45 per person, teams of 4 required. The event starts at 6pm.

I'm going with a few lads from work so i thought i'd see if anyone else fancies joining us? Monies will need to be paid in advance, either to me & i'll pass it on or i can give you the details of the organiser & you can pay him directly. He's organising it for people at my old company. They have 12 teams so far & the event can have up to 20 teams so it should be an eventful event!

To me, this looks like the ultimate karting event. Anyone up for it?

nice one chaps - if we have one more you've got a team of 4 sorted already! the guys at my work are people who've been karting before but no-one is a pro or anything

the guy who is organising it i think is pretty good & does alot of karting but the event is just a general corporate event for anyone interested

i can't bloody wait!!!

Quality, as far as i can see im free so count me in. Just hope the Karting seats are wide enough for my fat ass. :D

i'll ring & check seat sizes for you if you like? :p i'm sure you'll have no problems, Bowser & Donkey Kong don't seem to have a problem in MarioKart :)

i need to get payments in for those who want to go so hit me with the bread guys, if you're coming

right i've got one team at work already & i'm collecting monies from them tomorrow - if you guys can get cash or cheque (made payable to '3 Sisters Race Circuit' and you would need to remember to bring your cheque guarantee card along with you to the event) to me on monday night at Mascrat i'll get it passed on to the organiser next week :)

could do with a confirmed team of 4 really - where's Rob, Mike, Derek, Matt, etc, etc? come on guys this will be awesome!!!

Sorry toook so long getting back I've been trying to get a date swapped in work so I could come but they will not bloody swap it so I cant be your number 4. If I dont get called in to work I'll come down and take some pics. give me chance to have a play with my cam, not had it out for a while.

Sorry toook so long getting back I've been trying to get a date swapped in work so I could come but they will not bloody swap it so I cant be your number 4. If I dont get called in to work I'll come down and take some pics. give me chance to have a play with my cam, not had it out for a while.

shame Alan, if it's good then i'll be organising it again i think

Cav says he will come along so put him down for the 4th

bonza :cool: if you can get some cash out of him for monday night i'll be able to get it all paid next week

shame Alan, if it's good then i'll be organising it again i think

bonza :cool: if you can get some cash out of him for monday night i'll be able to get it all paid next week

Hes here now so im working on it, but in the past ive found blood easier to get from a stone.

Hes here now so im working on it, but in the past ive found blood easier to get from a stone.

lol, tell me about it. but unfortunately it will have to be the first people to pay that get the places just so i can ensure we have groups of 4 etc

i've got 3 lads from work going (me, Spencer, Ian & James) and then there's your good self, Gareth Eves, Gaz's mate Cav and Ian (shytot)

then, for a 3rd team, my dad is coming & there's a couple more lads at work who say they are coming but haven't actually paid as yet

i paid all your monies to the organiser on Thursday :)

• 2 weeks later...

wahey! tomorrow night here we come!

i'm aiming to leave work about 4 and get there in good time & maybe grab some tea too if there's time, so say about 5-5.30pm?

everyone still ok to come?

saw Gaz out last night getting some practice in...

wahey! tomorrow night here we come!

i'm aiming to leave work about 4 and get there in good time & maybe grab some tea too if there's time, so say about 5-5.30pm?

everyone still ok to come?

saw Gaz out last night getting some practice in...

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/614/614266/mario-kart-ds-20050515002459596.jpg

I thought i was going to be Donkey Kong, Ian was going to be Bowser, Cav is Wario and Matt said he wanted to be Princess :p

EDIT: I really cant wait for this now. Been getting dead excited all week.