The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SZ to RZ

supraguye

My RZ got hit by a drunk "BLEEP" ... the insurance has written it off.... right now ... I'm contemplating purchasing a mint SZ from a mate of mines and swapping all the parts over .... as the engine, tranny, brakes and exhaust are all still untouched.

WHat i'd really like to find out is ... what's the difficulty of doing this? are there any tutorials anywhere on here I could use?

Thanks

I think you've given yourself a headache. A few people have done engien and tranny swaps, but it'll be a pain. You'll have to do the ECU and wiring loom, too.

Have a search for someone who has done an auto to manual swap. I expect the workscope will be similar (plus doing the engine too).

I stand corrected then :) I would have thought that the ECU wiring was a pain to change over.

It is when you go VVTi... but to be fair, if you have both cars next to each other, it is a case of lift out the loom of the SZ, and put the loom from the RZ into it. Swopping the engines and gearbox is the easy part, undo both subframes and the gearbox mount, and pretty much lift the shell off.. and put the new shell on.

Thanks Jody, once its not impossible .... I'm gonna go for it. Now my Sup is gone ... the only thing I can really think of replacing it with is another one .... mileage was also pretty Low on my TT ... 62,000 KM .... therefore it still has alot more days to ... thinking that the NA to TT is the cheapest option right now