The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OEM Part Needed.....

Suprash

Guys, I need both upper and one lower wish arms for the front of the car.....

....Who's best to source these now, as any money I can save will hope as I know these parts arent cheap.....

Steve Manley, Nic, whos lowest at the monent......?

Also if anyone has one of those database things could someone find me the part numbers for a 98 VVT-i, both upper front wisharms, and one passenger side lower front wish arm............

Cheers....:cool:

Turbofit can squeeze me in for next week, would Nic be able to get them that quick......Nic ??

Colin, I also need to speak to you, Envy will be sending you my wheels once they have refurbed them, for you to re-polish the lips, could you PM a price mate for each wheel that you would charge ?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=109537

Nic is BY FAR the cheapest (on some suspension parts about half that of Steve Manley). Unless he has some in stock I doubt you could get them by next week though....

If he's that cheap then Darryl, I might be willing to wait......

I'll leave it for this evening, see if he see's this first........

Here ya go chaps, try this for size, http://www.whifbitz.co.uk/supra-toyaccess.htm

I have rear upper arms in at the moment, the rest will be about a week as I've run out.

:hijack: The old MOT certificate for my Supra has an advisory that states that my rear suspension ball joints are on their way out. Which parts would I be looking at from all those listed on your site? Sorry for the hijack!

Do you know which ball joints they meant? You cant buy them on there own, they come with the arms only.

:hijack: The old MOT certificate for my Supra has an advisory that states that my rear suspension ball joints are on their way out. Which parts would I be looking at from all those listed on your site? Sorry for the hijack!

The online MOT facility listed the advisory as:

Date of test: 06/06/2006

Certificate issued (Pass)

Odometer reading: 92,870 Miles

Test expiry date: 05/06/2007

Advisory Notice issued Nearside Rear Upper suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint. Offside Rear Upper suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint

I take it from what you've said that I will need both rear upper arms?

I know nothing about suspension from a technical/component point and I assume that there are upper and lower arms at each wheel, and that each arm has it's own ball joint?

I take it from what you've said that I will need both rear upper arms?

I know nothing about suspension from a technical/component point and I assume that there are upper and lower arms at each wheel, and that each arm has it's own ball joint?

This is the EPC image showing one side of the front suspension assembly (other side identical). As Paul says you'll need to replace both sides at the same time.

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/8437/frontsuspensionepcbi1.png

Photo showing upper and lower front arms.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8547/frontsusphotowd9.jpg

This is the EPC image showing one side of the rear suspension assembly (other side identical).

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8059/rearsuspensionepckj3.jpg

Photo showing most (not all) of the rear components

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/247/rearsusphotohm3.jpg

I take it it's the same part for each side then? As in I would need 2 of the Rear Suspension Upper Arms that you're selling for £135 each? Are those bad boys relatively easy to fit for a technically newbie? I need tracking doing anyway, so I might as well give it a go...!

Edit: Cheers Nic for the photos and clarifying that they're identical!

I take it it's the same part for each side then? As in I would need 2 of the Rear Suspension Upper Arms that you're selling for £135 each? Are those bad boys relatively easy to fit for a technically newbie? I need tracking doing anyway, so I might as well give it a go...!

Some of the parts numbers are the same for each side, some of them are handed left and right and have different parts numbers. When I say they are identical I mean in terms of the setup, not necessarily the parts themselves.

Thats £135 + VAT each yes. Can be a bit of an arse to fit sometimes, depends if they are seized on at all, a lot of them are these days as the cars are getting older.....

Thats £135 + VAT each yes. Can be a bit of an arse to fit sometimes, depends if they are seized on at all, a lot of them are these days as the cars are getting older.....

Whats this Paul, U.S of A.......get rid of all the pre tax prices, really puts me off........if you give me a price then thats what I expect to get it for........not to add VAT on top after......

Its false advertising in my eyes...............

Unless Steve can do better then it looks like it might have to be Mr Whiffin.....

Nic, Thanks for the info mate, if I could afford to wait a few extra weeks, then I would have deffo gone through yourself, especially by the sounds of your prices, very comptative.... :D :cool:

Having gone through this process recently, I can tell you that Paul's prices are VERY competitive even up against Steve Manley. He's about £100 cheaper for the full replacement setup.

Having said that, Nic is about £500 cheaper than that :blink: But you have a looooooong wait (because of shipping etc, not because Nic is lazy haha :D ). I'm going for the long wait and big saving, if you can't wait then give Paul a try.

-Ian

Having said that, Nic is about £500 cheaper than that :blink: But you have a looooooong wait (because of shipping etc, not because Nic is lazy haha :D ). I'm going for the long wait and big saving.

-Ian

Tell me about it, but the wait is almost over now :eyebrows: I think nic is going to start ignoring me if i ask "are they here yet" anymore :D

:thanks:

I can get very good prices on most OEM parts, however order time is around 4 weeks.

Ash do you want details?

Yeah sod it, the arms can go on after the re-spray..........its got to be worth the saving........front upper, both sides and front lower on the passenger side please. Price me up for that, and give your bank details again, cause I think I deleted them, unless you listed them in a thread but I cant find them..... :search:

(because of shipping etc, not because Nic is lazy haha :D ).

I am today, as I have a killer hangover :burp: :lazy:

Tell me about it, but the wait is almost over now :eyebrows: I think nic is going to start ignoring me if i ask "are they here yet" anymore :D

Yours have just arrived Col :yahoo: I need to go through them and see if everything is there yet. I'll let you know tracking details once sent.

Balls, just found your bank details Nic, you emailed them to me, lol........price me up for the 3 arms and then I'll throw all the cash together in your account, this and the O2 sensor for the group buy.......

I'll email you a price list of all the suspension parts Ash.