The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My single install finished with modified standard airbox pics

Ryan.G

Well following in on from this thread http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=112781 I finally got the car going at the weekend and WOW what a totally different sound single is.

I was waiting for a k&n filter to arrive from states but decided to modify the standard air box system and see how it compares to my k&n when it arrives. Im sure the air box will be a lot better though and TBH I think looks a lot smarter.

First of all I cut the standard inlet of the airbox and blocked the whole up. I then headed down Wickes and got a piece of ventation tubing joiner which is 100mm diameter (nearly 4”).

I then made a hole in the correct location of the standard airbox and glue gunned it into the correct position.

When this had dried I got out some industrial sealant I sometimes use called tiger seal. This stuff is one of the strongest sealants around and has flex in it also so perfect for sealing the 4” inlet in place.

This takes a couple of hours to set so had some time to kill so decided to fit my new kenwood speakers in the front and back. Suprising this only took 40 mins but this difference in sound is amazing.

So had some more time to kill so decided to make a custom cold air feed to the air box. 

I have a feeling this box is gunna be awesome when finished, so here is a pic of it how I left it last night and the only thing left to do tonight is now the sealant has finally set I am guna to fibreglass over the top and spray it all up so it looks pretty.

Hey mate

these are the speakers i used, perfect size for front and back as fronts comes with a plastic ring to allow you to fit the bigger size.

i brought from http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk

here is my order

* Kenwood KFC-E1730 *KFCE1730 - 17cm Coaxial 3-way 3-speaker System (1 @ £24.99 each) - £24.99

* Kenwood KFC-1351C *KFC1351C - 13cm Custom Fit Speakers (1 @ £18.99 each) - £18.99

Nice price also and damn good speakers.

Hey mate

these are the speakers i used, perfect size for front and back as fronts comes with a plastic ring to allow you to fit the bigger size.

i brought from http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk

here is my order

* Kenwood KFC-E1730 *KFCE1730 - 17cm Coaxial 3-way 3-speaker System (1 @ £24.99 each) - £24.99

* Kenwood KFC-1351C *KFC1351C - 13cm Custom Fit Speakers (1 @ £18.99 each) - £18.99

Nice price also and damn good speakers.

excellent thanks, i can feel another purchase coming on :eyebrows: