The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wash the car today, 8 hours of it. 56k welcome

jamesmark

So a Proper thanks to Ric although he turned up late!! :p

Decided to give the car a good wash, but not beofre I bashed into it with the Omega, so now I have to get part of the bumper redone. Then we spent about an hour looking for somehwere that sold a buffing machine, so finally got a sponge buffing pad and a buffer out of Halfrauds.

Bought some cutting compound aswell and used the buffing machine to apply it, then clay bar but nothing was coming off with it. Used some paint cleaner. Then some polish.

Ric done sod all and spent all day pointing and huffing and puffing lol, well I started to my chrome wheels and they were a nightmare used autosol and a the wifes toothbrush and nailbrush lol. The whole car took about 2.5 hours and the wheels took 7 hours!! as they have never been cleaned :innoccent: and I am so happy how the car has come up and how the wheels have turned out.

Products used:-

Sponge

loads of microfibre cloths and pads

Autosol for the wheels

Car shampoo

G3

Clay bar

Meguires paint clense

Nelsons polish

Meguires carnuba wax

Some pics.

;) Looking good Mark, well worth the hours put in yeah

Cheers

Ian

Yes it was, bashing the car at the beginning was not good though.

Bloody hell that came up nice, fantastic job on the wheels.

Now get it out the drive and get some arty shots before it gets dirty again ;)

I have the Sony H5 camera and Ric tried to take pics to that HDR thing on the pics but I dunno how to set it up correctly as the pics it took for them were no good.

Very nice Mark!!

Thinking about getting my own buffer and getting rid of my swirl marks. Where did you get yours from??

H.

Halfords but Ric was not happy about it as although it was variable speed it was took quick, plus when you applied it to the car it slowed down. It was only £22.99

no the little orbital buffers from halfords are no good.

Where did you get yours from??

You need an angle grinder type of machine this was only a cheapy we bought, spur of the moment type thing. B&Q had a large selection, try there the makita ones are meant to be the best

Then you need either a buffing/mopping pad which screws onto the angle grinder or you can buy Velcro attachments and pads which stick onto that with Velcro

Looks good mark, i was happy with the outcome, looks really nice :)

How you get those wheels like that?

Lots of autosol metal polish, a toothbrush and his missus's nail brush to get into all the crevasses :)

Very nice :cool:

Whats the G3 stuff for?

Its a strong(ish) cutting compound it removes swirl marks and scratches leaving the paint smooth and swirl free.

I cant wait too see the rainbow glitter you have mark in the sun at squires, now its like glass it will come out 10 times better :)

Cheers Ric :thumbs:

Just looking at the Makita 9227CB.

Which is best. The 110V or 240V?

240v just for shear convienance if you get the 110v you have to get all the transformer box too

Just make sure its variable speed and its quite slow on the slowest, the problem was with mine we got yesturday, even on the slowest setting, it was still quite quick, but have like 0 torque so it just slowed right down when you put it on the panel.

If you wanted to get the best you can get, Go for the Porter Cable, Ull have to get it from some company, i think screwfix sell them and plenty of places in amercia, and ull need the 110v transformer the cable with set you back around 120quid then the transformer is around 40quid.

How you get those wheels like that?

As Ric said metal polish (Autosol) a toothbrush cut in half, and a nailbrush and 6 HOURS, I kid you not those wheels took about 2 hours each for the front and about an hour each for the rears.

I will never ever buy chrome wheels ever again because they bubble, and I will still not buy them even if they claim to be first class.