The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my single install

supra matt

Well there are so many single projects on hear at the moment : ill skip the hole right up bit and just give you some pic to look at :D .

One or two bit's to finish like fitting the air filter and my boost controller and my fuel system , but it up and running for now :D

single biuld 001.JPG

single biuld 002.JPG

single biuld 003.JPG

single biuld 009.JPG

single biuld 011.JPG

single biuld 015.JPG

single biuld 023.JPG

single biuld 024.JPG

single biuld 025.JPG

single biuld 021.JPG

single biuld 028.JPG

single biuld 029.JPG

single biuld 031.JPG

single biuld 033.JPG

single biuld 034.JPG

single biuld 035.JPG

single biuld 039.JPG

Nearly there ;)

Are you doing the work yourself? Any details on the spec?

*nit picking time* :D - why the HKS cam gears? It's well proven you'll never need to adjust them (unless it's an ubder tuned high output car) so seems a bit of a waste of money

Hi mate yes do all my own work from respraying to all engine work .

the turbo is a phr stage 2 i think! (i brought it off luicfer) got 650cc sard injectors to go in only running them off a apexi neo for the moment till i can afford to get a AEM ecu , i got the hks cam gear cos they look nice and only £60 so cheap + I'm going to be getting some hks cams at some point and this will allow for them to be timed up spot on .

Hi mate yes do all my own work from respraying to all engine work .

the turbo is a phr stage 2 i think! (i brought it off luicfer) got 650cc sard injectors to go in only running them off a apexi neo for the moment till i can afford to get a AEM ecu , i got the hks cam gear cos they look nice and only £60 so cheap + I'm going to be getting some hks cams at some point and this will allow for them to be timed up spot on .

Good on you for doing the work yourself :thumbs: It really helps understand whats going on in there!

I was going to ask if it was a PHR stage 2, looks exactly like those I've seen. Thats a 62mm turbo I think? 650's should be fine, though 1.4bar might be your safe limit.

Those gears were cheap (and look pretty :D ), but I don't think you'll ever need them in terms of the adjustment, uprated cams or not.

Looking forward to the next update. I may have mentioned it before, but whatever headache you get in the install/mapping, it's worth it :D

Nice job Matt:) your going to have to do some polishing to compliment that shiny turbo now;) just jealous really:p

Hi mate I'm going to paint the cam covers whi and the spark plug cover black then give the engine bay a good jet wash to clean it all up nice ;)

Good on you for doing the work yourself :thumbs: It really helps understand whats going on in there!

I was going to ask if it was a PHR stage 2, looks exactly like those I've seen. Thats a 62mm turbo I think? 650's should be fine, though 1.4bar might be your safe limit.

Those gears were cheap (and look pretty :D ), but I don't think you'll ever need them in terms of the adjustment, uprated cams or not.

Looking forward to the next update. I may have mentioned it before, but whatever headache you get in the install/mapping, it's worth it :D

Thanks mate i really enjoy doing all my own work:D and on the plus side saves me loads of money in labour cost which i can put back into the car :eyebrows: , I'm only looking for 450 to 500 bhp so hope to see this by about 1.2 bar ? im not sure what turbo it is ? im going to sned phr a massage and ask them as i think it might be a bit big for me poor old auto, i only need a stage 1 me thinks :D

Ooh, just noticed it's water cooled, wouldn't that make it PHR 2+?

I.e much larger T67 sized?

PHR also do DBB versions of the stage 1 and stage 2 turbos. The turbo doesn't look overly big to me, looks like it could be either stage one or 2 to me.

Nice one Matt, good luck with the rest of the build :thumbs:

Nearly there ;)

*nit picking time* :D - why the HKS cam gears? It's well proven you'll never need to adjust them (unless it's an ubder tuned high output car) so seems a bit of a waste of money

I disagree with that, dan got an extra 40nm out of a supra the other day with playing about.

slight critisism mate i would look at some pucka ally tubing for the intercooler check out e-bay, it costs little and welds well (give the welder some scraps to practice on) i had trouble with cobbled together piping blowing off culminating in destroying a scooby and blowing an I/C pipe off, i didn't let the side down however as i think he thought i was playing with him as i slowed down and he was to scared to overtake:D

Great progress matt, well done!

I 'd suggest your overflow tank is in a less than optimal area. It gets VERY hot there. You can get a much smaller overflow bottle from an old Toyota in a scrap yard that will fit nicely alongside the battery.

Great progress matt, well done!

I 'd suggest your overflow tank is in a less than optimal area. It gets VERY hot there. You can get a much smaller overflow bottle from an old Toyota in a scrap yard that will fit nicely alongside the battery.

Ya looking to get a smaller one , only temp as i got mot on sat and no time to get one till after ;)