The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OEM Spats fitted............but there's a little problem!

Sheefa

Hello all,

Well I bought a set of OEM rear spats off SupraAyf (Andy) a while back for a bargain price - cheers again Andy. ;)

Got Liam (Lovatt) to repair, respray and fit them, again for a great price today. He also helped push my ridiculously large side skirts back into place by the doors - although I have to leave the masking tape that holds them in place on for 6 hours and I looked a right tit driving home with it on both sides! Cheers Liam ;)

Spats look good, but the only problem is they're FACELIFT ones and I have a pre-facelift car! Might not be as much of a problem except for the frikking gap cut out for the rear indicator/reflector!!

Not going to post pictures as I may get slated! They look pretty good though, just a bit odd.

What should I do? I could try and find an indicator lense at fit that (although I know they're embedded in the bodywork normally right?), I could whip them off and go without again, try and swap for a pair of black pre-facelift ones (likely chance - not!) or just leave as is?

Ideas people?:search:

Yes btw, I am a TWAT!

Thanks,

Greg

why not get some rear side lights for show Greg especially as you're selling the car?

That's what I was thinking Nick, but won't I need to modify the bodywork too mate? I thought the rear side markers were actually integrated into the bodywork - or are they just stick on jobbies? Any ideas where I could get some?

Cheers ;)

Greg

Guest Nicholas
That's what I was thinking Nick, but won't I need to modify the bodywork too mate? I thought the rear side markers were actually integrated into the bodywork - or are they just stick on jobbies? Any ideas where I could get some?

Cheers ;)

Greg

They screw into the body mate and just sit against it theres no "designed" space for them!

erm was Jez breaking a face lift recently? might be worth a try :)

Nick.

They screw into the body mate and just sit against it theres no "designed" space for them!

erm was Jez breaking a face lift recently? might be worth a try :)

Nick.

Thanks Nick.

I'll give him a shout and see what he has. ;)

Thanks Nick.

I'll give him a shout and see what he has. ;)

I think they're still on the car mate. If not, i bought my facelift side markers from Steve manley. Just cut the bulb holder flush and self tap them or stick them on. ;)

I think they're still on the car mate. If not, i bought my facelift side markers from Steve manley. Just cut the bulb holder flush and self tap them or stick them on. ;)

Brilliant Jez. Can you have a look for me please mate when you're back at the yard? ;)

Much appreciated. Oh btw, I didn't find that front lip, neither did TF, so no idea what happended there. Can you let me know if you have another in stock though please.

Thanks,

Greg

deleted - not even going to help you after your reply to my JUN bumper post.

Yep, please don't reply to any of my threads or make any form of contact with me.

Get a room FFS.

Preferably with a boxing ring.

Muppet. :p

Yeah, yeah!!! I'll be waiting to comment on the day you do something just as stupid.............someday............somtime. :eyebrows:

Petes car is a facelift, Greg, pop round and nick his:innocent:

Might be best to get the bus though, its a long way for your car:rlol:

Seriously though, Just get some new facelift reflectors from Mr T and screw them on, thats all i've got on mine