The mkiv Supra Owners Club

number plate sizing

Guest mk47

Guest mk47

i need a new number plate for my car and i want a smaller size one that the uk spec ones, does anyone know the dimensions?

the slim oblong type is what im looking for.

Guest CoolsBlue

yea import sizes are 12x6 but i got a uk std size for the front of my supra, i seen a good few supras with the std uk size on the front, dont see why you can have it on?

if you want a smaller plate then you can, as long as you leave an 11mm margin (top/botton/left/right) and of course the correct size letters.

see dvla PDF http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dvla.gov.uk%2Fmedia%2Fpdf%2Fleaflets%2Fdisplayofnumberplates.pdf&ei=KgpjRsXpJriMQ_jc2YoH&usg=AFQjCNH1aYgD4dX8sddlLoof-GXdStN5UQ&sig2=1jBYeQXw15iFvAGfam2AGw

Guest Yampiedog

Import sizes only apply if you can't fit a UK size plate. Anyway, they may look cosmetically better small but they don't make you go quicker, don't save on petrol or insurance and to top it all, the Supra is a head turner and who needs an illegal numberplate and worry about the police stopping you and giving you a thirty pound fine and maybe even telling DVLA and having a personal plate revoked?