The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ebay bonnet scoops

hadyn

What have you heard then wkd? Scoops flying off etc? I presume they dont have the fixings like the toyota oem ones?

I've heard of one breaking up at 100mph+, the quality can be ok to pretty poor depending on who you buy from.

If your going to get a scoop fitted, then either do it properly or buy a UK Bonnet.

i got my skirts from that trader. seems ok. will be back from the shop in a few weeks

Snap, and I've got a front splitter on the way from the same bloke. Still aint upwrapped the skirts yet, awaiting fitment day :)

Guest wanabe supra

Hi

Yep thats me car.mad the vents are just for show realy and just bond on. i wouldnt want to put a hole in any bonnet

Im pritty sure that it will not fly off at 100+ if it was bonded on properly and it will not break up.

i know that there were a few that sold them before i started. maybe it was one of them as there is a lot or rubbish on ebay.

All of my kits are taken of genuine parts and tested before the go for sale skirts spats ect

As wkd said do it properly if you have the money to do so. This is just a cheaper option for those who dont.

I mainly did it for the odd person and chaved up saxos etc:rolleyes:

I now will have more products made by myself and perfect fit this week;)

@ Jive your item will be sent tomorrow (Wednesday) so you will have it for Thursday

Dave:)

All of my kits are taken of genuine parts and tested before the go for sale skirts spats ect

As wkd said do it properly if you have the money to do so. This is just a cheaper option for those who dont.

I mainly did it for the odd person and chaved up saxos etc:rolleyes:

I now will have more products made by myself and perfect fit this week;)

@ Jive your item will be sent tomorrow (Wednesday) so you will have it for Thursday

I don't recall you registering as a trader here. If you are conducting any trade via the forum you are in breach of the rules. Please contact Mawby and register your trader request.

Has anyone bought and fitted one of these 'universal' uk spec bonnet scoops to their supras?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-REPLICA-TOYOTA-SUPRA-STYLE-BONNET-VENT-SCOOP_W0QQitemZ170117129571QQihZ007QQcategoryZ23012QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Im not 100% sure these would be a good thing if they're a stick on scoop on our cars. What do you think?

Hi Haydn

If all you want is the scoop moulding, I can supply the genuine Toyota one for £62 including postage.

Or for the complete scoop assembly (includes all seals, fittings, inner rain guard, front mesh, etc.) it would be £118 including postage.

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/1104/bonnetscoopqe9.jpg

Fitting guide here:

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/european_hood_scoop_install/index.html

cheers

Guest wanabe supra

@ Guigsy: pics would be super when you have them fitted. i do have a few now but you can never have to many:cool:

here u got m8.

Reliably informed they are an excelent fit.

As for the rest of my bodykit fitting its a nightmare.

Rear bumper arrived battered and bruised.

Front bumper v poor quality so getting a different one.

TRD wing i assume is fine. So its a great thats your parts fit well and are made properly :)

Hi Haydn

If all you want is the scoop moulding, I can supply the genuine Toyota one for £62 including postage.

Or for the complete scoop assembly (includes all seals, fittings, inner rain guard, front mesh, etc.) it would be £118 including postage.

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/1104/bonnetscoopqe9.jpg

Fitting guide here:

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/european_hood_scoop_install/index.html

cheers

hi nic i would like one top part only please

Guest wanabe supra

@Guigsy im glad you like them its a shame about the rest of the the kit not fitting:(

My m8 on here has just spent £800 on a full bomex kit and no way will it fit:rolleyes:

If you have any more pics then please pm them to me:)

Cheers Dave

Prices have come down a bit in the last few months, must be the strong pound!

Now is the time to buy folks. These were £140.40 a few months back.