The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitted FMIC NIGHTMARE !!!

Glosphil

Ok, its fitted.... the actual fitting wasnt too bad, until I had to get the bumper under tray back on..... you have to cut it and I've got fiberglass in my arms now :(

The real nightmare however, I finished it all, dropped the bonnet and crunch, it hit my oil catch thingy that I'd had off to fit the pipework.

Bonnet now wont open, had pliers on the cable inside etc, no joy... what can I do ?

Gonna cry

Guest gzaerojon

when you say it won't open, do you mean the cable isn't pulling on the bonnet release?

if so try getting someone to push down on the bonnet to take some of the pressure off the catch, then try the release lever

I'll try it cheers. How do you release if I can get my hand up there?

Also... The active spoiler light is flashing and the warning light is lit. Obviously because I removed the active spoiler. How do I disable the warning?

Thanks

I'll try it cheers. How do you release if I can get my hand up there?

Also... The active spoiler light is flashing and the warning light is lit. Obviously because I removed the active spoiler. How do I disable the warning?

Thanks

Take your stereo out, and behind it you'll see a little box, thats the active spoiler ecu, unplug it. OR, take the dash panel off and unplug the plug that goes into the active spoiler switch, although I don't think that'll disable the triangle light on your dashboard :)