The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Adventures of Mighty Steed and Nunu

Guest jacob

Guest jacob

Sup people,

I am from the US. I've been haphazardly putting together a 2JZGTE/R154 Cressida. Mods copied off my sig . . .

The adventures of Mighty Steed and nunu :nunu:

In the mix now: 2JZGTE, R154 5 spd, Twin disc clutch, T60-1/cast log manifold/Delta 35mm gate (a convenient compromise), 4 inch exhaust (if it fits), 24x12x4 FMIC, Walbro 255lph, Supra OEM LSD, 17x8j/9j VIP rims In the mix later: tires (?), Z32 brakes, G73's s13 adaptors w/Stance GR+ Pro, DMs VIP body kit

The fuel system and turbo will be upgraded after the coilovers and body kit go in. I will be considering a 3.4 litre kit with a T67 combo . . . stroker kits are pricey though.

Well, here's some junk off my build thread. It will make you laugh and cry. Enjoy.

In a time not so long in a place not so far away ( :usa: ), a young man being weary from his all to frequent escapades with traffic enforcement thought it best to aquire a vehicular transport of the utmost uniconspicousness :ninja: . Indeed he found and purchased his beautifully incognito MX83.

But tragically, the Cressida like its namesake proved unfaith on 2 time too many. This was hard on the young man for with each passing day he gained a deeper appreciation and understanding of the Cressida. It came time for some decisive action. His car needed either to be replaced or given a new heart. He deliberated a long time whether it was justifiable or practical to invest in such a car. Then one day it became clear what he should do . . . 2JZGTE TIME!!! http://forums.toyotacressida.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46864&highlight=2jzgte

And then he ordered it . . .

And then it sat there for awhile, but being a good steward he used what he had for what he could . . .

He called everyone he could, but no one would lend him their facilities or if they did some freakish event would prevent it. Finally, he called plan F (ironicly). Ray was bearly willing to provide facilities for the operation. Luckly, his brother-in-law is a swell chap thus winning ray over. So Ray lent his garage (more like a small warehouse).

Now the young man was of meager wrench time and somewhat of a novice, but he resolved within in himself that if God blessed another man with the ability to build the car, God would bless him the ability to reverse the process. So in great faith he removed the cursed 7M.

After nearly 12 hours of twisting himself, banging his knuckles, and grunting, he was only half way done, but well please with what was accomplished. Victorious, he thanked God, danced a mean little jig, sat in in his throne, stood with his defeated foe under foot and thanked God again.

Now he is off to sunny beaches and family for Christmas break celebrating the birth of God's Salvation, Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas.

Guest jacob

More . . .

Naw, I've always been a bit over the top. I talk to myself all the time, but the important thing is that I don't get any answers back . . . heehehehe, BOO! :nunu: . . . oh yeah, cept for nunu.

Oh yeah, I gots some more stuff. the pedal, clutch master, and lines. Also, got the JZ W58. It only took like a month of pestering. The guys got $$$ so he's in no mood to rush anything. He turned out to be pretty nice and loves them toyotas. Oh, and this guy's garage is a JZ parts bin. He's got a ton of turbos, manifolds, pipes, and blah-blah. He's also got this

You know what I'm thinking right :D

Here's the W58. It's got the slip yoke style end so I think that I can use the MK3 half shaft. EDIT: Found out it has the wrong shifter position :rolleyes:

Here's my 5 spd parts courtesy of my Canadian peeps, cresupra.

I think I should just give up on the 5 speed part. After 3 deals that never left off the ground and now the mispurchase, I can't help be feel like it is some kind of bad omen . .. ahh whatever, I just bid on an R154 on ebay. (edit: won the bid :D , see the end of the post for details) Now I gotta find that bellhousing/flywheel.

At least I'm still gonna roll :bling: courtesy of G73. I am kind of jumping ahead of things with the build, but I just couldn't pass them up. They're 17x8j/9j G, is good people, level disposition and professional work. Looking forward to the coilovers. I will probably ride it slammed for about week before it drives me nuts, then bring it up to more reasonable stance.

And some phone pics

Guest jacob

And more . . .

Got to show how mature I can be about the project .. . yehaa :p I been wanting to do that since before the engine arrived.

Thanks! I got them off some good peeps ;)

Update!

got the R154 JZ bell housing in from driftmotion.com ($350 +ship). Gonna pickup the flywheel this week and the tranny will be in the following week. And then . .. I am broke :D . . . I will have to scrounge around for $ a clutch, tranny Xmember, and drive shaft. Then I'll do the wiring, but the project is broke until summer'ish :( Word to the wise gather all your parts before you start--though I didn't have a choice with mine .. . BHG. It's just less stressful with everything together. I've spent too many hrs researching/hunting for parts. it gets old quick.

Anyway, cheers and stuff! Enjoy my face :p

Jago

The W58 (on left) bell is very different from the R154 (on the right) one. W58 is smaller and has a different bolt pattern between the bell and box (last pic)

Guest jacob

Almost done. . . .

I love you too Mo. ;)

Thanks, Mr. 4G63 . .. I try to keep things light hearted.

Heres a small update . . .

went out to the stable and found it had broken loose and it was staring straight through me . .. scoob-dooby-doo! :rolleyes:

. . . so I thought it might need its diaper changed or something .. . yup . . or something alright . . .

. . . so did the best I could. Actually, the pictures look better than the real thing. For some reasons the paint or something is just uglified permanently.

After that I decided to tear off the oil pan and sump to get to the torque converter bolts . . .

Now that I had the pan off. It became apparent that Venus-auto had done some clearance modifications to oil pan :rolleyes: . . .

so I decided to revert it back to OEM spec by going medieval on it with some sledge hammer action . .. nunu in the house . . . :nunu: . . he got little carried away and put a hole in it so I will hand that off to a friend for some brazing . . .

Anyway, the torque convert/flywheel removal can be found here along with a bunch of other stuff that has transpired from the project. I plan on linking all the threads related to the build so there's record/reference for other novices to go by.

I am glad you guys get a some fun out of it. Much love to you as well, Mo. Where have you been? How's GTE(s)?

I couldn't think of anything really fun to do with the rims without getting someone to help me out, but the dopeness factor makes up for it. G73 did an awesome job. They had few incurably deep marks in them . .. G did good smoothing what he could just short of filling in with weld and grinding down. As I was moving them around for the pic, I nicked one :( but I didn't get bent over it or anything. I figure once I start riding with them they will get nicked up anyway so oh well type a deal.

I know there are some people interested in similar/same rims to these so here's the stamping off the center caps:

NJ-928

MAHDI

napre japan

(good luck with that :rolleyes: )

Also, got my grill from Push as well. It is in pretty great shape considering it's 17 yrs old. Also the 2nd to last pic is of s13slide/angryslide's X8 with the front rims that are similar to mine, cept his were mismatched by this time. I am starting to lean towwards charcoal gray after I get the body kit (when DM gets done making copies). If I go with Charcoal (or midnight blue), the car should end up looking like or at least have the same feel as s13slide's X8 . . cept with JDM bumper shortness. And if I go charcoal, I might get that CF vented hood off him too :D Should be pretty gansta/VIP .. .

Well enjoy the bling blingedy . ..

Interesting how ugly the backs are . . .

A friend did this quick photochopp of the body kit from DM with the MX83 headlights and grill. I know the Mark2 stuff looks tougher, but JDM headlights point into on coming traffic instead of away like USDM. I don't wanna be a curse to everyone on the road :rolleyes:

Guest jacob

Kinda funny .. .to me

For the record . . .

super mint 91 pearl white Cressida, 4500

JZX81 mounts (should have paid less) 200

Aristo cut + shipping, 2600

GX81 bumper, 100

VIP rims, 1000

Engine refresh items, 400

Clutch pedal & hardline, 60

1JZ bell housing, 350

89-90 grill, 20

T60-1/manifold/35mm wastegate, 1000

MK3 R154 tranny w/sogi short shifter, 400

Big ebay FMIC, 160

Dog pee on the car parts, priceless

It was really annoying cuz I didn't realize it at first. I thought that it was ATF and that I was the one stinkin like I stepped/sat in something.

Well, I actually got a lot accomplished yesterday. I will do plenty more today and post some pics.

Cheers,

Jago

PS: If some of the prices seem high, you probably right . . . that's what happens when you don't plan and just gotta get-er-dun asap. You don't get to shop around just get and go . . . sucketh.

Well I am getting closer to the end here. Fuel pump should be in next week and a few odds and ends from the auto parts store. I am still waiting to hear back from some guy off yahoo.jp about the twin disc. But once everything is clear there, it should only be a week or so for that to show up.

So yeah, the update:

I found out that they gave me 30ft of wiring harness to sort through :eek:

It's not so bad. I don't think that I will need most of it. From what I understand it is more adapting the Cressida harness to Aristo one. The engine harness is only 3 ft long to the ECU so it shouldn't be that bad.

JUST TO LET PEOPLE KNOW: YOU REUSE THE JZ AUTO TO BLOCK BOLTS AND THE 7M 5 SPD TO BELLHOUSING IN ORDER TO MATE THE 2JZMOTOR/JZ 5 SPD BELL/7M R154. I know it seems obvious but it's more so no one is wondering/stressing on what/if they'll need to get new ones from a dealer while there waitng for their 1jz bell to arrive.

Guest jacob

So I basically joined cuz a friend refered me to you forum as a great site for indepth info on the 2JZGTE. And right now I am kinda stabbing in the dark with what to keep or throw away since I am now single turbo. And of course I need JDM Aristo wiring diagrams.

If there is a guide to what to keep/toss when a single T conversion, please post me a link.

Cheers,

Jago

Welcome to the club... those pics and comments are great :respekt:

BTW, plenty of us over here use the XS manifolds, there hasn't been any failures so far, but their quality control isn't the best ;) The wastegates can be a bit dodgy though. There's quite a few step-by-step build threads of single turbo conversions on the site, some using similar kit to yourself (i.e. mine), have a look at the project overview here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=102448

Good luck with the mad project.

Guest jacob
Good job!

It's a lot easier for us -- we can just import a JZX81 :)

:blink: . .. so not far.

Thanks for the welcomes guys. Thanks homer for the link, I'm skimming right now.

I will keep you guys updated.

Cheers