The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New front screen.

Seifer

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knew what sort of money i'd be looking at for a new front screen?? My one got damaged while being removed for a respray.:( I've been quoted £200 for a second hand one from Jezzybabes, but if the price of a new one is'nt crazy I might go for one.

Any info would be much appreciated.:)

Cheers

Dave

Look at your windsceen cover on your insurance!!;)

I had mine replaced last month and it only cost me £40.00. Got a nice blue sun visor type thingy too. This does NOT affect your claims history either.

I ended up with a genuine OEM one too!!

H.

It was removed yesterday along with the rear screen. The guy broke it taking it out. He said there was a chance of it happening, I just hoped it wouldn't.:( He's gonna get me a price for a new screen on tuesday, I jus wanted to know if anyone knew what sort of money they were beforehand as my wallet is a bit nervous!;)

Damaged? where?

Also Dave, Jezzy is coming here on moday, you could add that as itll save postage and you can collect...

Just a thought

Just had a check through my insurance documents an unfortunately i'm not covered for winscreen damage.:( Good idea though!:)

Look at your windsceen cover on your insurance!!;)

I had mine replaced last month and it only cost me £40.00. Got a nice blue sun visor type thingy too. This does NOT affect your claims history either.

I ended up with a genuine OEM one too!!

H.

Have to look into breakdown cover!:)

So someone else damaged your screen & you gotta pay, is that standard procedure for sprayers? im not being sarcy its a honest question.

I must admit after seeing the work that was done on mine I can't see how you can get it out in one piece tbh!!

They are really well glued in and if it has been in for a while then I wouldn't fancy trying to get it out without cracking it!!

Use your insurance cover mate!!;)

EDIT!! SEEN YOUR POST......!!

H.

It wasn't the sprayer that took the screen out, he contracted the work out to a friend of his. I did a cash deal with him and the screen ended up breaking. Serves me right I guess, was trying to save money. :( I could have paid a lot more for him to remove the screen with insurance as well but.......I like to live dangerously;)

So someone else damaged your screen & you gotta pay, is that standard procedure for sprayers? im not being sarcy its a honest question.

Whoh!! Think i'll be giving Jezzy another call then!!

i have just had one fitted on my insurance paid £60 excess i asked how much it would have cost without insurance £1270.00

but do not go with rac windscreen they have fitted it for the 3rd time and the trim is still not right

i have just had one fitted on my insurance paid £60 excess i asked how much it would have cost without insurance £1270.00

but do not go with rac windscreen they have fitted it for the 3rd time and the trim is still not right

£1270.00....!!!!

Are you having a Giraffe?? The guy at Auto Windscreens reckoned about £250 tops when he did mine........:blink:

H.