The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto or Manual TT

devster360

Guys + Gals

after failing to part ex my celica for the money i want for a supra im putting it up for private sale, my question is what is better on 93-96 Supra Turbo, an auto gear box, or manual?

I can live with both, but wanted to know peoples opinions, as i will be getting a supra as soon as i sell my current car.

Guys + Gals

after failing to part ex my celica for the money i want for a supra im putting it up for private sale, my question is what is better on 93-96 Supra Turbo, an auto gear box, or manual?

I can live with both, but wanted to know peoples opinions, as i will be getting a supra as soon as i sell my current car.

I converted my Auto to a 6 Speed manual and never looked back since, the Auto box is one of the best but if big power is your goal it has its limitations, if you use the search button there has been plenty of chat on this subject ;)

Impossible to answer every case is different, too many variables, if your selling it cheap, it will go quicker than if it's dear.:blink:

Just to add to that has anybody sold a car on autotrader before? how long would you say it would take on average?

cheers guys, just have to wait it out and see, think i might go for the auto box after reading the faq's. I like the lazyness, and dont really wana overkill the power to 600bhp...would be nice, but im sure i would kill myself, neither the cat or missus would like that!! lol:D

I never thought I would have an auto until I drove the supra. Its actually quite good, although you do get slightly more control with a clutch. The bad bit about the auto like said earlier is that if you ever want to go for BIG BHP the auto isnt for you. Although you can buy upgraded auto boxes if thats your aim but they cost alot.

I never thought I would have an auto until I drove the supra. Its actually quite good, although you do get slightly more control with a clutch. The bad bit about the auto like said earlier is that if you ever want to go for BIG BHP the auto isnt for you. Although you can buy upgraded auto boxes if thats your aim but they cost alot.

Most people seem to go BPU at the most, which is approaching 400bhp, with hybrids more still, but thats still well within the Auto's capabilities. Its if you go single when you may need to change.