The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rolling Arches.......

Suprash

Whats exactly done to the arches when their rolled ? I need to get my done, but dont totally understand the process.....

Whats it look like, any pics of Supra's with rolled arches......

Can you get the fronts done as well as the backs....?

Cheers Guys..... :cool:

Well the wheels were supplied by Envy as a standard fitment size, their 19" which is probably the main reason they rub.

Chris Wilson setup shocks, with the hardest springs available to him.......so Im not going stupid here, getting stupidly off set wheels or a shockingly ;) low set up....

EDITED, cant remember the offset, but the front were supposed to be 9j fronts, but when I measured one of the rims last night, it was 10" wide, would that be right or should a 9j front be 9" wise......???

Ok, only reason i ask is cos i run 19s too, 11" wide at the rear.

I removed half of the stiffening rib at the back of the rear wing, around the arch, then used auto plasticised filler and paint to prevent any rust forming behind.

I think rolling might be a little too max power ;)

Thats why I want to see what it looks like, come on you must know of a pic of a Supra somewhere with rolled arches.......

11" wide, fook they must sit right out to the edge of your arches :D Pics ??

Its ok with just me in the car, fully loaded and she is grounding....

Isn't 'rolling' just the bending in of that lip to stop it rubbing?

I know it can ruin the arch if not done properly, makes it go all rippled. If done right it doesn't look any different to stock from the outside.

Well, car willl next be handled by GVN for a respray so will have to have words with them, but got to do something.....

What about stretched tyres, that will effectivly bring the side walls in at a more sloped angle, I reckon that should give a few mm's...... :search:

have a look in my garage, my rear arches are rolled.

my 19's are 10.5" inch wide and i've got 295/30 tyres. think the offset is either 46/47.

had to get them rolled as the tyres were catching big time!

Wbhat profile of tyre do you run on the front and rears ? What tyre brand are they ?

To be honest I cant see a difference between stock and rolled arches......

I thought rolled arches would be they would get them rolled out slightly, but obviosuly not. So what exactly do they do to roll arches, anyone explain ????

have a look in my garage, my rear arches are rolled.

my 19's are 10.5" inch wide and i've got 295/30 tyres. think the offset is either 46/47.

had to get them rolled as the tyres were catching big time!

Do you have any rubbing issues now ?

To be honest I cant see a difference between stock and rolled arches......

I thought rolled arches would be they would get them rolled out slightly, but obviosuly not. So what exactly do they do to roll arches, anyone explain ????

See post number 9 in this thread! :)

no not at all. i'm still on stock suspension though.

when i upgrade later in the year i have a funny feeling that the fronts might rub once it's lowered a bit

Do you have any rubbing issues now ?

The 19s that were on my blue car (see my garage) rubbed like the ace of spades on fast LH corners. But when I checked the tyre sizes they are too big anyway.

I've got the 18'' Lexus rims from the other car on there now and it's fine.

Rears are 315 something 19s :p (its dark) they are Michelin PS2s

Front are smaller than yours Ash, so i cant help you there im afraid.

What as in your running 18" on the front. Your profile on the front just looks very small.....?