The mkiv Supra Owners Club

At last I own a supra :))) (but have a few problems)

Guest Vanster

Guest Vanster

Hi all,

Picked up my supra on Monday

95 Auto NA - 40'000 miles

Im looking at doing a service just wondering where people get there servicing parts iv been looking at Japparts.co.uk and sparkplugs.co.uk

also the interia bulbs on the right hand part of the dash don't light up - oil and water temps and the starter motor, doe's anyone know where i can get these bulbs from?

all there don't light up so could it be a fuse?

Thanks Guys.

All the lights on the RHS of the upper dash panel run off one connector. The panel is very easy to remove, 6 screws to undo on the panel and it will slide out. Check the connector, as said it is probably not attached or is loose, try wiggling the connector/wiring around with the ignition turned (engine not running) on and see if they illuminate.

Common problem this one. Take out the bulbs circuit board assembly and check the the solder is not cracked - you have to look very closely to see it. Either get someone to carefully solder it up or find a replacement assembly. Nic could help you with parts numbers and supply if necessary.

HTH

Guest Vanster

Thanks, I have had the unit out to have a look and it was all connected up, but i will have a closer look at the solder.

+ im down in crawley at the mo. so not far from Reigate.

Guest Vanster

Also, The car came with sub standard Alloys and the guy i bought the car off said that the wheel nuts on the alloys wouldn't fit the spare wheel. does anyone know the best place to get the nuts for the standard skinny spare wheel?

Cheers

Common problem this one. Take out the bulbs circuit board assembly and check the the solder is not cracked - you have to look very closely to see it. Either get someone to carefully solder it up or find a replacement assembly. Nic could help you with parts numbers and supply if necessary.

HTH

Two of the three Supras that I've spent time with have had this problem. It takes five minutes to re-flow the solder on the board and fixed it both times.

The test is usually to tap on the display fairly hard with the key turned to ACC or something.