The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New pics in garage

Eve

Hi everyone,

Got my baby on Wednesday so finally got some better pics in my garage.

No manuals or instructions for anything though so it's a bit trial and error.

Questions; dials on top of steering wheel; anyone got anything similar? Any idea whether they give accurate & helpful information & should therefore remain or whether they are gimicks that need removing (obviously they need repositioning!) There are three buttons which say 'rec' 'mode' and 'peak' not a lot happens when you push them!

The cd changer has been removed but the stereo head is still there, anyone got a cd changer kicking about that might work or will anything work. Gonna go to Halfords and get them to have a look. Thinking of just replacing it with a DVD/MP3 player thing. Make being stuck in traffic more exciting.

Dash needs repainting cos it is all cracked; any recommendations?

Thanks

Cool, looking very nice and tidy (apart from the dodgily placed gauges :) )

If your dash panels are in a state I would recommend getting a new set from Nic (aka Import Pimp). They cost about £246 delivered and really make a big difference if replacing worn and scratched panels. My wife put some in her Supra before she sold it and they looked miles better than the old ones.

Hope you enjoy your Supra anyway :)

Mark

Hi everyone,

Got my baby on Wednesday so finally got some better pics in my garage.

No manuals or instructions for anything though so it's a bit trial and error.

Questions; dials on top of steering wheel; anyone got anything similar? Any idea whether they give accurate & helpful information & should therefore remain or whether they are gimicks that need removing (obviously they need repositioning!) There are three buttons which say 'rec' 'mode' and 'peak' not a lot happens when you push them!

The cd changer has been removed but the stereo head is still there, anyone got a cd changer kicking about that might work or will anything work. Gonna go to Halfords and get them to have a look. Thinking of just replacing it with a DVD/MP3 player thing. Make being stuck in traffic more exciting.

Dash needs repainting cos it is all cracked; any recommendations?

Thanks

Eve,

I can't make out what the left hand gauge is but the right hand one must be a boost gauge. Not a bad thing to have but it's in a ridiculous place. Does it actually work? What's the maximum boost it ever displays?

Nice car though. Please take it easy for your first few months, that 2nd turbo can catch you out.

ps,

What's up with the dash? It doesn't look too bad in your garage photo.

Eve,

I can't make out what the left hand gauge is but the right hand one must be a boost gauge. Not a bad thing to have but it's in a ridiculous place. Does it actually work? What's the maximum boost it ever displays?

Nice car though. Please take it easy for your first few months, that 2nd turbo can catch you out.

ps,

What's up with the dash? It doesn't look too bad in your garage photo.

Erm.. gauge on the left is temperature (of what I don't know!) I assumed turbo because the other is definitely boost? But I feel a bit clueless.

Haven't really thrashed the car yet for obvious reasons and haven't been gazing at the gauges cos i've been concentrating on not losing the back end and watching the rev counter (what I can see of it that is!) to get a feel for when the turbos kick in, i'll check next time I take her for a run.

As for the dash; it isn't that bad, I am probably over critical but if you look up close the paint is all cracked and there is build of paint layers around the dials etc... Would just look a whole lot better if I stripped it all off and went with some nice fresh stuff. Probably doesn't need brand new dash though.

What could i get for a third gauge? What information from the car is useful/important?

Erm.. gauge on the left is temperature (of what I don't know!) I assumed turbo because the other is definitely boost? But I feel a bit clueless.

Haven't really thrashed the car yet for obvious reasons and haven't been gazing at the gauges cos i've been concentrating on not losing the back end and watching the rev counter (what I can see of it that is!) to get a feel for when the turbos kick in, i'll check next time I take her for a run.

As for the dash; it isn't that bad, I am probably over critical but if you look up close the paint is all cracked and there is build of paint layers around the dials etc... Would just look a whole lot better if I stripped it all off and went with some nice fresh stuff. Probably doesn't need brand new dash though.

What could i get for a third gauge? What information from the car is useful/important?

Think the usual gauges are boost, exhaust temp, and air fuel ratio or AFR. You've got the 1st two. Which is good news cos they're expensive..:)

Think the usual gauges are boost, exhaust temp, and air fuel ratio or AFR. You've got the 1st two. Which is good news cos they're expensive..:)

I like good news; just have to figure out how they work and if they do the AFR gauge in the same range! How excited am I now?!