The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Standard airbox and single turbo

Ryan.G

I am one for keeping the standard airbox over induction cones due to the good job it does but was wondering has anyone ever fitting the standard airbox with a single turbo as in the middle of fitting my gt4088 and have loads of room to be able to fit the air box back in.

Just not sure if its going to be a restriction or not in the system

Although I think it's a good idea, I think you're better off fabbing a shield for a 12"x6" K&N cone.

Sheild it from the rad and engine, give it a good cold feed from through the filler plate behind the light. I cut a 4" hole in that plate and attached a 4" flexi hose, this sat where the SMIC used to be. The filter used to be cold at the end of a decent run :D

give it a good cold feed from through the filler plate behind the light. I cut a 4" hole in that plate and attached a 4" flexi hose, this sat where the SMIC used to be. The filter used to be cold at the end of a decent run

I was thinking about that last night matey :confused:

I did start modifying the stock airbox but never finished, my fibre glass skills are not very good :(

I would deff be interesting in trying again, I got round to removing the stock back, building up and shapping new back and also prepared a 4" inlet but never got it all together.

Keep us posted on how you get on :)