The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra got hit !!!!!!

markiemark

hi there all. just to let you know my supra got hit by a truck!!!!. i was on the hard shoulder of the A1m going to Mod NAts and in traffic (had not moved in about 30mins) so car was getting very hot. so i pulled over to the hard shoulder to cool down. As i did the traffic filled the gap. than i was getting out and noticed a truck using the hard shoulder to get out of the traffic.he must of been doing about 30/40. than he saw my car and did not stop just keep coming i had no were to go. so he drove down the passanger side of my car as he went up the bank. Than give me the finger and drove off. one of the lorry drivers behind had got the deatils of the driver and the compnay as he had reported the driver to police all ready.

the damage to my car is front wing , bumper, door and rear and roof. The damage is big dents and nice sliver lines down my car. (mine is black) Just got the phone call it is going to get fixed and the driver has lost his job. so while it is in the body shop i am going to have some other work done on her and my bumper sorted. i was fine just a bit shock up. i see if i can get some photos for you all.

cheers mark

SH1t, that could have been a lot worse...!

Gald your OK, heard quite a few insedences with people on hard shoulders, If you do ever break down this shows its a good idea to get out and get the other side of the barrier.

Hope your car gets fixed quick, and that lorry driver deserves more than lossing his job the tw@t...!

Sorry to hear that, glad the car is gonna be repaired foc.

And what an idiot the truck driver is, good to hear the he lost his job, could have been alot worse. what if you'd been sitting on that verge and not in your car like the police tell you to.

EDIT: or what Michael said!

Attempted manslaughter (hopefully), driving away from scene, illegal use of hard shoulder etc. etc. The police had better prosecute.

Glad you're ok bud.

Seems unreal that anyone would just drive into the car with you beside it.

WTF is the country coming to.:(

thanks for comments the funny thing i work the motorway evey day as a traffic officer. so i was going to get out but just did not have time. in a way very glad i did not. the driver as from what i have been told is getting charged with dangerous driving. which could be a ban

thanks for comments the funny thing i work the motorway evey day as a traffic officer. so i was going to get out but just did not have time. in a way very glad i did not. the driver as from what i have been told is getting charged with dangerous driving. which could be a ban

Well the drivers stupidity will have cost him his career.

DUDE!!!! Not good news. Hope it all works out for you in the end... I'd be kicking crap out of that truck driver if that happened to me lol (in fact its a good job I wasn't there! I had a stag do that day). If i'd seen that happen to a fellow Supra driver the red mist might have come down :innocent:

Are you fully comp with all mods declared? If so then get yourself a nice new kit etc etc

any way it looks like i might have to go to court as a key witness. so if i do i be there with a big smile on my face and think look at you twat you did this all for about 100 meters of clean road was it worth it:p :p

just found out my hire car. I am getting wait for this 1.3 litre KA in blue. nice. i can feel the power now. lol can not wait.

any way it looks like i might have to go to court as a key witness. so if i do i be there with a big smile on my face and think look at you twat you did this all for about 100 meters of clean road was it worth it:p :p

just found out my hire car. I am getting wait for this 1.3 litre KA in blue. nice. i can feel the power now. lol can not wait.

hire cars are the fastest cars you can get. Especially in reverse! ;) bring her down winnersh mate and we'll have some fun :D

I hope the rozzers throw the book at him too.

Good job you hadn't followed the advice to get out of the car and stand on the banking away from the road really!

:shock: :omg: oh boy you were sooo lucky! btw, if you were not in the car or on the bank (where they tell you to be, thanks god you weren't :Pling: ) where were you standing? It must have been so surreal! So glad your alright though :(

Lx

I wonder if this guy knew you were a traffic officer for him to give you the bird?? Although I normally do it while they aren't looking........:innocent:

Glad you are OK Mark. I would love to see this prick in court after that. Can you not speak to the rozzers on the case and see if there are any dodgy handrails on the stairs at the knick.....:sly:

Be careful with the KA mate. They can bite when the second turbo kicks in in the wet!!

H.

Wow, that's bad. idiot.

Although if you had been on the bank and watching you would have moved.

The whole getting out of the car thing is such a gamble. You never know which way is gonna pay off, but in theory if you get out and get as far away as poss then it's your best chance.