The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Driver Training Days

Ark

After the moderate success of the driver training day that I organised last year, several people have asked if I intend to do another one.

The answer is yes, but only if the support is there from club members.

I would be looking at some time in July, depending on the calendar, but the good news this time round is there is a new venue available, and it is open on weekends!

The location is Alconbury Airfield, near Huntingdon:

MAP

Price will be from £120, depending on the number of participants

There is NO NOISE LIMIT :yahoo:

Skills training will include:

Grip Circles

Slalom

Heel and Toe

Rotational steering

Fast and slow corner approach and exit

Brake Avoid, and more...

If you still need convincing, here are the threads from last time, with pictures and stuff:

Pictures

Review

I know everyone likes drag racing Supras (and yes, I'm sure this could be fitted into the day) but I want to show everyone that these cars can go round corners ;)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah id be up for it,need a date tho,and prefer weekend as i wont get time off army to do this

You and everyone else!

I'd guess at July 7th / 8th, 14th / 15th, or 28th / 29th.

The inexplicable popularity of JAE pretty much precludes 21st / 22nd.

im very interested,

but the distance is something.

where was the other one held at chris

The last one was at Ford airfield near Arundel.

Interested...

Supe is booked in to KnightRacer on the 28th for a week !

I realise that you won't be able to cater for everybodys free weekends, so if we miss this one we will catch the next... may be nearer !

Cheers

G

To clarify:

This day is in your own car (doesn't have to be a Supra) and is run on private property with ARDS qualified instructors.

It's an airfield, so it will be pretty smooth, but probably a little bit abrasive on tyres if you're driving suitably enthusiastically. Tonnes of run-off, so you're unlikely to hit anything!

It won't kill your brakes, or even drink too much petrol - the point of the day is to learn your car and how to get the best out of what you've got, rather than leaving you wishing for bigger turbos, brakes, or bollocks.

Since we have just about enough people to get the ball rolling, I've made a few initial enquiries...

The only dates available in July are the 7th or 8th. After that we are looking at the 18th or 19th of August. These are weekend dates, Saturdays and Sundays.

So lets see a show of hands for your preferences please, and we can move onwards.