The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Private roads / old airfields

Golddigga

I don't know of any free ones but this thread has prompted me to look into Bruntingthorpe. Me, Cable and Johnnyknox have been talking about it for a while so I thought I might as well enquire as to costs etc. Im waiting for a call back and will wait and see what sort of prices they give me.

There is an air strip in Thorney island (East of Portsmouth) which is no longer used. It is certaily good for a light aircraft landing/take-off so that gives you an idea of its length (fairly wide too)

It is military run but I'm sure they would be up for some fast car action if the right point of contact was made;)

All in essex:

Earls Colne Airfield has a nice private road next to it.

Also there is an old runway which is now back road near Copford, its often got chalk marks at each end for the quarter mile stretch.

Also an old airfield in Silverend, but that ones got a few pot holes.

All free no fee ;) teehee

All in essex:

Earls Colne Airfield has a nice private road next to it.

Also there is an old runway which is now back road near Copford, its often got chalk marks at each end for the quarter mile stretch.

Also an old airfield in Silverend, but that ones got a few pot holes.

All free no fee ;) teehee

Earls Colne with Supragolds speed camera on it ;)

Years ago we used to blat it about the old runway near Sible Hedingham but its shut off now.

The Earls Colne one is ok but a mate of mine rolled his BMW down there a few years back and they dont tolerate that kind of behaviour anymore.

Copfords a new one on me... Edd? More info please :eyebrows:

iv been looking for some old airfields to buy and use as drag strips and events,im in talks with the co at raf honnington with more open track days like we had two years back

Perhaps we could all buy a track/airfield, get enough of us nd we'd all have shares in it then:)

Perhaps we could all buy a track/airfield, get enough of us nd we'd all have shares in it then:)

that wouldnt be a bad idea,

me and my mate nearly bought one near york,it was goin for 30k but neaded the whole runway and taxi lane re tarmacing as it was in a bad state,but was huge with about 20 buildings on it,iv seen a few on internet but its getting the time off to check them out and organise a loan to buy it

Edd - any more info on the second location you mentioned?

Copfords a new one on me... Edd? More info please :eyebrows:

only been to the copford place once when i had the MG. nearly had the front end taken off by a fiesta!

cant remember exactly where it is. but im seeing my bro-in-law this weekend and he knows. I'll find out and PM you.

We do this at RAF Marham twice a year for between 40-60 quid a day. Its only in norfolk not much more than an hour from anywhere in essex. The runway is available for hire also.

Search for Raf marham or See here;

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=107085&highlight=marham

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=94773&highlight=marham

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=75578&highlight=marham

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=65895&highlight=marham

I know of 2 one in essex, but i had to use my old army pass to get on it (out of date now) and 2nd near kings lynn which belongs to a mate. Good for 1/4 but not uch else. Similar to bovingdon but not a harsh on the tyres