The mkiv Supra Owners Club

waher bottle, relocation and where

lockys96

behind the front passenger arch is the water washer bottle,

its shaped like the arch,

now i dont use the car everyday, and need to move it as on full lock my 18" wheels on my monster kit still touch this part.

is there anywhere where i can purchase one from, alley or something.

i had to remove all the front liners as it was driving me nuts.

plus im having the rear arches cut up, as the car is bottoming out on motorway bumps:rolleyes:

Sorry im slightly confused??

Is it the stock one you have at the minute?

Is it in the stock position at this moment in time?

Why do you need to move it?

When i had to sort mine out i went off round a breakers, found a smaller one with pumps, installed it lower down and towards the wheel and lengthened the feed in the wing with some hose.

I'd get a small one from a small Toyota car from the scrappers and mount it in the battery area (usually infotn or to the side of the battery is good. I wouldn't use the charcoal area, it's that going to mount it higher than the rad drain level?

I'd get a small one from a small Toyota car from the scrappers and mount it in the battery area (usually infotn or to the side of the battery is good. I wouldn't use the charcoal area, it's that going to mount it higher than the rad drain level?

why would it have anything to do with rad drain?

why would it have anything to do with rad drain?

Drain was the wrong word. It's a pressurised system, so needs to push the coolant out the rad drain hole when it reaches a certain pressure. If the expansion tank is mounted higher than the drain wouldn't it mean the coolant is being put under higher pressure before being properly drained to the expansion tank?

Drain was the wrong word. It's a pressurised system, so needs to push the coolant out the rad drain hole when it reaches a certain pressure. If the expansion tank is mounted higher than the drain wouldn't it mean the coolant is being put under higher pressure before being properly drained to the expansion tank?

lol i tried to warn you mate :innocent:

I would imagine you just swop the hose that usually goes to the rear with the one that goes to the front. Easy job done.

Thats what I did with mine. The battery and a washer bottle from a capri sits between the rear seat and the rear cross member. I figured that was the optimum place for balance and doesnt affect the spare tyre.

Try this as well .

http://www.carbuildersolutions.co.uk/washer_kit_bag.htm

show me how you did that?

do you have to run tubes all the way down to the front under the car?

as mentioned by other peeps you can use the hose allready there for the rear washwipe (deleted on my car) i also ran another hose down as well with a view to using it as an intercooler spray but have never got round to plumbing it in, the actual tank (scrap yard £2) came from a mazda (the one with the slitty headlights !) and was then "locked" in place with expanded foam as it rattled like a b*****d, i did have to chop a bit of the internal body away but you would never see this under the plastic covers