The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra performance figures - for FAQ

Homer

Can of worms time... :D

There's been many threads in the last few months from newbie’s asking about Supra performance figures. I think it's time for a definitive FAQ article on the subject.

I'm proposing we collect the following data:

- 0-60mph

- Top Speed

- Peak Torque

- Peak bhp

And for the following models:

- NA

- UK TT

- Jspec TT

and possibly:

- 1.2bar BPU UK TT

- 1.2bar BPU Jspec TT

- T61 single

- GT4088 single

- T67 single

Are there any other figures I missed? Ideally I'd like to have 50-70 time, braking performance, etc, but then hardly any of us are able to measure these. Therefore I think it's best we keep it simple.

Does anyone have the official figures for the stock models? I'd at least like to get those in the FAQ. Ones for the modified cars can come later.

I'd also propose that we only accept figures that can be proved, so that’s from ECU data log, accelerometer logs, etc. Speedo readings and guesswork are pointless and will only detriment the FAQ.

Over to you guys & gals…

Data so far:

Toyota Supra MkIV TT - UK spec

Price: '93-'96 (£38k-£40k)

Engine cc/cyl: 6/2997

Bhp/rpm: 326/5600

Lb ft/rpm: 323/3600

Weight: 1620kg

Bhp/ton: 204

0-60mph: 4.9 (6spd manual), 5.1 (4spd auto)

0-100mph: -

Max mph: 155 (limited), 169 (non-UK export model of same spec)

Ins Group: 19

EC mpg: 25.5

You could start with that article in the first issue of jap tuner.. there were some absolutely stock cars there with good figures.. realworld stuff..?

as a final figure you could just do the average of everyone who submits..

Do you only want figures if we have them all? For example @ 1.2 bar i have 447 rwhp on a t61

Yes, it would have to be them all otherwise we'd have a mismatch. (e.g. someone else might have the 0-60 figures but with a lower or Higher bhp figure).

I'd also like figures all from the same rolling road (moon on a stick anyone? :D ).

Lets try and get the stock official figures first though.

When i next go for mapping could i ask dan for these figures?

Would it not be worth having a common boost setting for the singles? As a T61 @ 1.2 will be very different to 1.6 bar???

You can't do it on a dyno, only on the road or somewhere like Pod. You'll need an accelermeter or data log from the ECU. Have a word with Dan, I'm sure he can let you know how to do it provided you have a laptop and the AEM software.

I can offer you my bhp and torque from SRR when I was stock:

330bhp, 330bls.ft for my J-spec @ 0.75bar.

Top speeds, well officialy they are 112 for jdm, 155 for export I doubt you'll find official figures for unrestricted cars. I've had a recorded 153 as stock after 1.5 miles of Bruntingthorpe runway, measured by lasers 1 meter apart.

Unless a German magazine took a Supra to an autobahn, or even Era Lessien I doubt you'll get genuine top speeds.

what about something like autocar or topgear, dont they have the standard specs of our cars

You could try autocar. Top Gear tested the UK/European version but their figures are embaressing (and the thru gear times don't tally with the in-gear times)

Can't see a USDM N/A being restricted. I think mkiv.com has a test under 'publications' of a NA battle.

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of writing to EVO mag to get the Supra included in their "Knowledge" pages.

What do you think of the following entry as a starting point?

Toyota Supra MkIV TT

Issue: -

Price: '93-'96 (UK) '92-'02 (JDM)

0-60mph: 5.1

Max mph: 155

Ins Group: 20

I've read 169mph top speed for export versions I'm sure.

I'll third that. :)

I'm fairly sure the official line for the TT is something like...

Auto 0-60 - 5.1

Manual 0-60 - 4.9

Top speed 155 (limited)

BHP - 326

Torque - 323 lbft

The JDM models are 'supposed' to be limited to 280 bhp, but personally, I suggest they're similar, if not identical to the export spec, although the peak figures will be at different points in the rpm band. - Just MHO :)

Sounds good. Only a couple of points though:

Is peak torque really hit before the second turbo cuts in? I've no idea myself, but it would make sense to me if the rpm for that was over 4000.

Isn't a UK Supra group 19? I think it was on Parkers last time I looked.

Thirdly, I wish I got that mpg :( Must be the way I drive if people like Henk were getting over that though ;)

Sounds good. Only a couple of points though:

Is peak torque really hit before the second turbo cuts in? I've no idea myself, but it would make sense to me if the rpm for that was over 4000.

Isn't a UK Supra group 19? I think it was on Parkers last time I looked.

Thirdly, I wish I got that mpg :( Must be the way I drive if people like Henk were getting over that though ;)

Torque seemed to be around 3600 rpm whichever model I looked at so I suppose it must be right.

I wasn't sure about the insurance group. I knew that JDM were group 20 but didn't know the correct one for UK cars.

As for the MPG, them's the official figures apparently. I wish I got them too on normal driving. :(

So it's now amended to read:

Toyota Supra MkIV TT

0-60mph: 4.9

Max mph: 155 (limited)

I wasn't sure about the insurance group. I knew that JDM were group 20 but didn't know the correct one for UK cars.

As for the MPG, them's the official figures apparently. I wish I got them too on normal driving. :(

Those insurance groups would make sense, as insurance companies will do anything for an extra bit of cash :rolleyes:

Just looked on Parkers and they quote 25mpg!! WTF?

Torque seemed to be around 3600 rpm whichever model I looked at so I suppose it must be right.

So it's now amended to read:

Toyota Supra MkIV TT

0-60mph: 4.9

Max mph: 155 (limited)

well what ever the correct list is a newbie like me would love this info thnks guys for taking the time big:d