The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all, Supra model advice??

Guest nic_fto

Guest nic_fto

Hi all,

Nice site by the way.

I am unfortunatly not yet a Supra owner but am looking at getting a Mark 4 v.soon. I have owned celicas and fto's so this is the obvious next step.

I am looking for some information on the different models. I have read the forums pdf's about the different models, but I am looking for the fundamentals. BHP, 0 - 60 top speed. The dreaded fuel economy..insurance groups. Would like to see the difference between the not TT and the TT and also the manual against Tip, vant seem to find anything on google or on here. Anyone have any links?????

Kind regards

And thankyou for the info in advance as im sure there will be many of you that can help me out.

Nic

welcome, to the site

info in a nut shell

N/a 220bhp (when built) 150mph top speed cost about 5k for a goodie (fuel ecom cr@p)

TT 320bhp (when built) ??? top end 5-10+ depending on what you want already mod'd on the car (feul Ecom got to even crapper as it has to turbos ;-)

Welcome to the club.

Basically TT is approx 320 bhp sub 5 sec o-60

N/A is 230 - 240 ish and better if you're young and wanna use car as regular transport.

Tank range varies from 370 (mine :D ) to 200. Depends on tune and O2 sensors etc.

Tip is expensive, rarer you're choice. 6 speed Getrag desirable, auto common.

The aero is rarer, more expensive and desirable.

You're budget mate. If money's not an option / care then take yer pick.

Insurance hell if you're sub 25.

Best car and club anywhere though, and you always get caned if you don't use "search" :)

It's friendly here bud. Enjoy. [GRIN][/GRIN]

iv had faster than that in my N/A and 160 top end for the TT?????

ok you caught me i was lieing :p i was trying to big up the N/a and now you spoilt it!

in all honestness nic search the forum there are 100's of spec posts

150 top speed isnt bigging up a N/A when most shitty little cars can nearly hit that,may take em a while to get near it tho

It's all about how fast you get to those speeds, not how far off the scale the speedo needle will go :D

Welcome to the club mate. As people have said, the search button should provide the answers you're after (I still can't use the damn thing, but I've heard you get marks for trying :) ). If it doesn't, someone on here will tell you what you're after.

Welcome. The manual/Auto arguement is probably the most overdone debate on this site.

MANUAL: more control, more involvement, more desirable, rarer & more dosh

AUTO : 1 of the best auto's made, usually quicker in a straight drag, cheaper, has manual mode,can't reliably handle much over 475bhp

TIPTRONIC: Think the later ones had this, i can't really comment on it as i've never driven one, RARE.

N/A : Cheaper, less to go wrong, can have a turbo added later or a V8 implant, lag whats lag, Looks like a TT, and is Louder, unfortunately does'nt go like one however 0-60 6+ secs 150 top end (so its NOT slow), the new wave of hatchbacks can bug & sometimes beat you, all N/A's are imports, insurance may not be cheaper, hardly more frugal,

TT : UBER BIG grin factor, Not unreliable, 0-60 5 secs 1??mph top end, no aero TT's made here, UK models available so cheaper insurance also more toys in the UK spec(GZ imports have near similar spec to UK), imports can have low mileage although you need a BIMTA sheet to prove this(same for N/A's), servicing more important dearer, More expensive.

Regards

Guest nic_fto

Thanks a lot all, that has given me food for thought, money is an issue unfortunatly, although ive had some very cheap insurance quotes i.e. £400 quid on an n/a import and im only 24. will consult the finances and post pics soon as I have purchased one.

Thanks again

Nic

Thanks a lot all, that has given me food for thought, money is an issue unfortunatly, although ive had some very cheap insurance quotes i.e. £400 quid on an n/a import and im only 24. will consult the finances and post pics soon as I have purchased one.

Thanks again

Nic

I somehow doubt that's an accurate quote. I'm 38 with full NCD and I paid just over £400 to insure an NA. If you could get insured for £400, I'd be able to get a policy where they pay me.

Guest nic_fto

Have a look at marks and spencers. They quoted me 600 on my own with 4 years ncb and dropped it to 400 if i put my g/friend on who is also 24 and only has 1 years ncb

Have a look at marks and spencers. They quoted me 600 on my own with 4 years ncb and dropped it to 400 if i put my g/friend on who is also 24 and only has 1 years ncb

Fooking hell!! If that quote is correct I will be amazed. I'm 32 and so is my wife, we paid £389.00 on a 5k limited milage policy.......WTF??

H.

//edit2: Isn't the top speed for the TT assumed to be around 180mph? I know technically a 6spd should hit 198 at 6800 in 6th or something but that's pretty rare!!

112MPH if it's a J-Spec :innocent:

Although 169MPH stock for export specs.

Gearing allows for 198MPH if you have enough horsepower to push you that fast.

I don't see how - at least not on an NA. I did just look at Marks and Spencers, and here's what I found :

The following vehicles are excluded:

Non-EU imports

Unless Japan has joined Europe, they won't actually insure the car.