The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello :0)

Guest Caprinut

Guest Caprinut

Hi

New guy here :)

I don't own a Supra yet but I am seriously considering it!

If anyone has any hints or tips on buying...what model is best to buy etc etc it would be greatly appreciated...at the moment I own a 3.0ltr MK3 Capri...not I suppose in the same league as a Supra but a hoot and a half to drive nonetheless!! :)

Anyhoo Hi again

Matt aka Caprinut

Hi and welcome

If you go to the main Forums page and head for the Technical sub-section, there are a couple of pdf docs in there which are really great for advice on what to look out for and the differences between the models; really helped me!

Buy one, buy one; you'll love it!

Guest Caprinut

Hello all :)

Thanks for making me feel welcome....

For those that asked..I have a MK3 3.0ltr capri on an A plate (84 i think)?

It's presently being worked on ..usual stuff..wings...arches etc ...hoping to have it fully completed really soon...I do have some pics of it and will get them posted over next couple of days :-)

It's a lot of fun but a real handful to drive in any other conditions than bone dry roads ;) for those that have owned Capri's will know what I'm on about :)

This is my 2nd Capri...previously owned a 2.0ltr sport..but it literally was ready for the baked bean tin factory LOL.

Thanks for the advice on the 2 docs detailing the various Supra models and tech stuff.

As I'm really new to Supra's can anyone recommend what is best?? I've heard that the 3.0ltr twin turbo is the best to own but another friend told me that the N/A version is better??

Any advice??

Thanks in advance :)

Caprinut

N/A or TT..:D This one's been done A LOT mate. Depends on your budget. TT more expensive to buy and run, but a lot of fun and you'll certainly appreciate the increase over the 3 litre you're used to.

N/A more reliable cheaper to run and buy. Silly prices for these now. 4k gets a really nice example.

Then auto or manual, aerotop, modded etc etc. :)

Pete has just updated a thread on the projects going on in the club now, that's worth a read to see what can and is being done to various models.

Also look for models for sale here before buying private. There are some dodgy dealers and importers around. Jurgen is a great source of info. as well as a hell of a lot of others here.

Have fun bud.

Guest Caprinut

Thanks for the advice :)

I live in Milton Keynes...are there any members living this way that I could possibly hook up with? I'd really like to experience the Supra first hand...get a better understanding of what a decent one should look, feel, (not looking for a test drive and I'm absolutely not a "Test Pilot" either), and sound like...(I've read all 3 docs on this site regarding models, what to check when buying etc but one in the flesh would be awesome). - (apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place, still finding my feet on this forum)

Cheers

Caprinut