The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My single fitting so far

Ryan.G

Well my single fitting has started here is a quick list of the engines spec minus some small bits and bobs.

Gt4088 precision turbo

Xspower manifold and downpipe plus raise plate

Tial 46mm Wastegate

Custom dump pipe

4” K&N air filter

4” 45 degree Samco plus 4” alu pipe

Custom Atec oil feed line and return pipe

CW 2nd decat pipe

HKS Superdrager 2 exhaust w/removable baffle

Hybrid intercooler - tube and fin 3 row

Apexi PowerFC

Vems Wideband and EGT

Sard 650cc injectors cleaned and flowed

Walbro Fuel Pump

RLTC w/launch controller

Bailey dump valve with Samco t piece

Apexi AVCR

Now the car is running a fairly new standard clutch so only gunna run around 1.1 – 1.2bar and see how she holds up but a new one will be in order soon with more grunt. Also hopefully the 650cc injectors will have enough in them for fuelling at 1.2 bar as long as it don’t go past 80 – 85 injector duty im happy.

Right so here is the engine bay when first got the car tidy and fairly stock.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4625/baynz6.jpg

Dont worry will be nice and clean again after finished fitting single

I firstly fitted the Sard 650cc injectors and setup on powerfc, took for a day to test everything was cool and brought the car back in the workshop. Sprayed all the bolts around turbo with some wd40 and left over night to soak in.

The next day I spent a good 6-7 hours removing the turbo’s and I finally got the stock twins out of the car and then spent a good hour tidying up the work shop as had nearly all the tools over the floor lol. Here are some pic of the turbo’s and all the bits with them.

Ok the hard bit done

I next test fitted my xspower manifold and found it fouled on the bottom 3 studs so out came the stud extractor and measured and cut the studs down so the manifold fitted. To my surprise the manifold then slid straight on thought it was gunna need a fair bit more modding but went on well.

Ok I then fitted the 46mm Tial wastegate which cleared the block nicely and began to make up the dump pipe. I got a 45 degree turn and some straight pipe from allstainless.com and welded it up to fit nicely.

The next job I did was then take the standard oil drain flange and water elbow off for some custom work. I firstly pulled the pipes out of the water elbow on a vice and then tapped the hole. Fitted 2 bolts in there which I cut down and then put some slots in the top off to make flush.

I then gave the standard oil drain flange to a friend of mine to get one of the ends alu welded up as I am going to use the flange plus a custom drain flange on the turbo to allow me to fit some 19mm braided hose straight in and save on cost as no need for Aeroquip fittings as no pressure in the drain pipe.

Just so people know the pipe size on the standard flange pipe is 26mm so a adaptor is needed to change for the different pipe size but a good friend of mine had these already made and ready to go.

Ok so today (30/05/07) I am going to pickup the turbo from parcel force as they are awaiting my import money and go pickup my part from Steve Manley down the road for the gaskets etc. I will get some pics tonight of fitment of turbo and I expect the adjustment needed on the downpipe.

Ryan

p.s sorry about crap quality pics and crap grammar and spelling was in rush

Ok well the turbo arrived woohoo, along with my beefy v band clamp that I ordered. I always find it hard to get a decent 3” v band clamp in uk so got the guys at atp turbo in usa to send me one.

Needless to say No chance of this bugger breaking lol

So got the turbo out and straight away test fitted with the spacer plate I had made. Woohoo it fitted.

Now needed to clock the turbo to allow the intercooler pipe I made to fit.

Getting there 

Ok now onto the downpipe. Well needless to say it didn’t even come close to fitting, so out came the welder and angle grinder and got it to fit nicely.

But then realised that there was no flexi in the whole system and didn’t want to put any stress on that cheap manifold so decided to get on the web and buy a 3” piece of flexi to weld in. Finding this was a bugger but good old eBay came through again.

Just in case anyone else wants a 3” flexi go here came in at £40 in end which I thought was fair.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ASHLEY-COMPETITION-EXHAUSTS

So now just awaiting this to arrive and trying to figure out how im going to route my oil drain

Ok well last night I spent the evening bolting everything together and fitting the oil feed lines.

I have used atec autotechink for my oil bits and there quality is 2nd to none.

What I am doing is fitting the oil feed line for the turbo on the right oil feed on the block and then using the spare 2nd feed for my oil pressure sensor.

The block thread sizes are m12x1.25 so I used a m12x1.25 to -4an adaptor for the feed which then went to -4 line to turbo and then I used a m12x1.25 to -3an adaptor for the oil pressure line which goes to my sensor. Here is a pic of one of the adaptors fitted

Ok so today my 3” flexi and oil drain piping should arrive so can fit all that and maybe get the turbo primed and the car started to check for any leaks before plumbing in all pipework.

Hopefully if all goes to plan should have car running by tomorrow but wont be able to map as awaiting a 4” induction filter unless anyone has one for sale or spare I can use

Here is a pic test fitting all custom piping and seeing how I am going to route breather pipes with braided line

Thanks again to homer for sorting out some spare braided line for the install

Well the car is now running and sounds great. No leaks or funny noise and very happy but my supplier made a mistake with airfilter and not gunna have a air filter till end of next week has anyone got a spare 4" air filter i could borrow till end of next week please.

I am thinking of modding the standard air box but lot of work and not much time at mo due to mapping other cars and not mine :(

Well the car is now running and sounds great. No leaks or funny noise and very happy but my supplier made a mistake with airfilter and not gunna have a air filter till end of next week has anyone got a spare 4" air filter i could borrow till end of next week please.

I am thinking of modding the standard air box but lot of work and not much time at mo due to mapping other cars and not mine :(

Ive got a spare big k&n you can have, just needs a clean.

arhh brill jamie but i think i have just got round it. Today i have spent some of the day modifying the standard airbox for 4 " intake and a extra cold air feed from bumper. TBH the system to me looks like its going to be great but need to test the temps and flow against my k&n when it arrives Thanks jamie as if all goes wrong with this standard airbox i wil give ya a bell

Ryan

I will post pics and more project pic tomorrow at work where i can upload pics

• 10 months later...

Blimey this is abit old, Anyway the Standard airbox was just too restrictive so replaced it with a K&N filter.

Car made 566bhp @1.3bar but never got time to use it and was just loosing money sat in the garage so Sold it to Jazzy on here.

The End