The mkiv Supra Owners Club

P***** off

captainchaos

Guest Geneb
going back you yanks after the supra, too many about now wish i kept the 78 vette i had when i was 21

your not wrong bud supra's are getting real common now:(

like i said late last year i had the only one in woodstock now theres five knocking around.:(

going back you yanks after the supra, too many about now wish i kept the 78 vette i had when i was 21

Well, if your sigy is any indication, your supra is far from standard - sounds awesome! ;) - so you have nothing to worry about. Besides, as we all realise, a 'standard' supra can become, over time, a unique beast with the right tuning and body modifications.

On another upside, more people will be looking for parts and components/kits to upgrade which will hopefully increase competition between suppliers and bring prices down for those of us who want to modify and improve our supras ;)

Linda

Prices seem to vary all over the place

I had a look at two local ones for sale just in case they were worth posting about here. One was an N/A Aero that just looked incredibly tired for £6,995, the other was a Do-Luck kitted N/A with serious bodywork issues; dents, nasty scratches and bodypanels barely attached for £6,795! :blink:

Based on that, I didn't do badly with my TT Aero for £7,400!

Based on that, I didn't do badly with my TT Aero for £7,400!

My pretty much stock TT6 with just Veilside bits on, was bought almost 3 years ago now, and when I got it I managed to knock him down to........

.......£12,800!!!!!!!! :faint:

Wonder what it'd go for now.

It is a shame they've gone down in value, but I would say that because I've already got one. Having plenty for sale is a sword that cuts both ways: good if you're buying, bad if you're selling.

But like Lucas said, I'm not fussed about the resale value of mine. When I do eventually sell, I just want fair market value for that particular spec/mileage/condition, whatever "fair market value" is at that time.

I work on the assumption that any car I buy (supra or not) will lose value massively, and I also assume that any money I spend on it I don't expect to recoup.

Come September the early VVTI Supras will start being imported ;) Watch the prices come down on them :D .

I don't really care about how much the price has fallen or how low it will go. Enjoy it, it wont be long till we are banned from the roads !

I bought my car 5 years ago (in August) the prices for Supras then were far higher than now and im not really bothered about how much it has gone down in value after all it is a 13 + year old car which isn't hard to get hold of.

Importers have certainly flooded the market but good cars will always command a premium, just patients or budget problems always drop peoples asking prices too low.

Like someones already mentioned, there are loads of dogs out there that are really cheap, however, the nicer examples will always retain some value because of their condition. People that buy Supras I would imagine are generally gearheads anyway, and are enthusiasts. People who buy cheap supras are playing with fire if you ask me. I'd much rather get a decent example if I was in the market, and pay that little extra. You get what you pay for at the end of the day. If mine were up for sale, I'd have it on the market for about £9000. Seems a lot, but its one of the nicest I've seen (biased :D)