The mkiv Supra Owners Club

High quality stainless mesh - Sourced

turbonut

Hi Folks

I've been in touch with a company based in the Midlands that manufacture mesh for top marques such as Bentley, Jaguar and Aston Martin. We need a supplier of quality mesh for our Supra's and the company are very keen to get involved to diversify and become involved with owners clubs. They have recently been taken on board by the Mini OC and have also produced a mesh grille for MX5's.

The grilles are custom made to fit and edged, made from high grade stainless. I will be going over to their factory next week Tuesday to have a look at what they do and ask questions. So far I have discussed club discount ;) minimum number of individuals to start a product run (10-15) and estimated time of production - up to three months to develop.

As we have a wide range of front bumper types it would be best to start with the standard front bumper. Can one of you chaps therefore let me have dimensions please. On a similar note, the company will do the initial grille for free as a 'model' so I will need a volunteer (as I have veilside but new style about to be fitted) preferably in the west midlands so they can get to walsall for fitting, and one that is happy to 'tart' their car around at shows!

I have already approached Mawby and he is fine with this. I will merely act as the 'middleman' to get the ball rolling.

http://zunsport.amchost.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1&Itemid=10

this is the parent company:

http://www.wwtechnologies.co.uk/automotive-grilles.asp

Linda

UPDATE: 14th December 07

Mesh comes with FULL fitting instructions, very simple. They also have a technical department who are happy to answer and advise with your queries. They will deal with your order directly, but you MUST mention MKIV supra.net and mention my name to get the discount.

Contact details: Peter Langston (MD) or Joanne Melvin (Joanne deals with the orders) 01543 374333.

Over to you now! ;-)

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds great however will this just cover stock front ends ??? Or will they do bespoke ones

I'd like to know this also, if they can produce sheets in differant sizes that would be usefull, there are alot of differant bumpers around.

Sounds great however will this just cover stock front ends ??? Or will they do bespoke ones

Hi Ian

From my initial conversation with him it would only need 10 or 12 people for a group deal. A couple of the most popular after market bumpers are the Do luck and Top Secret and would certainly be worth looking at but this is something I had in mind to discuss with him anyway. I think an initial trial for just the standard would be a good starting point and if everyone is happy with the result we can take it from there.

L

The problem with the existing ones from the US is that they sit at the front of the intake and look a bit crap, one that sits futher back with proper fixings would be nice.

Noted Michael. I need to find out how they attach anyway. Thanks

The problem with the existing ones from the US is that they sit at the front of the intake and look a bit crap, one that sits futher back with proper fixings would be nice.

Exactly if you can get one produced using decent fixings that sits futher back then count me in.

cheers steve :thumbs: You will probably need to pop over to walsall where they are based at some point - are you ok with that? :search:

L

Yep no probs - weekends are best, naturally, but I could always take a day's leave if I'm getting meshed for free in return. Keep me posted :thumbs:

Women! :tongue: :rolleyes:

Konrad

If you read the thread start you will see that I am only looking at the standard front bumper at the moment, not any aftermarket ones yet. If there is high enough interest in the standard front and it is as good a quality and fit as I believe it should be, only then would it be worth looking at other makes. The last time I saw your supra you had a TopSecret I on.

L

• 2 weeks later...