The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The 4088 seems good so far

Jake

I've been driving my car for the first time in ages today. It's just had the GT4088 (0.96A/R) fitted since the PHR1 failed months ago.

First impressions of the 4088 are very favourable. I like that it comes on boost a bit later than the GT60, which means that I'm not on boost every time I touch the throttle when cruising on the motorway. Hopefully this will make the MPG a little easier to bear.

When it starts boosting it's quite linear at first but really takes off at about 4000rpm. I haven't had a good play yet and don't really know what it tops out at revs wise but I'm sure it's going to be a lot better than the asthmatic GT60, which was all done by 6krpm.

Also, I dunno what's up with my SBCiD boost controller but with it set to 1.0bar the car is hitting 1.2 bar. Air leak on the EBC wastegate hose maybe?

Anyway, very pleased so far. :thumbs:

Guest gzaerojon

mpg are great on mine, i can sit at 70-80 mph running -300 ish i reckon i can push another 80 to 100 miles from a tank compared to my stock twins

glad you got sorted :)

Guest gzaerojon
300? That would be nice! I've never got 200 miles to a tank full with the GT60

sorry i meant boost ;) but i reckon i can get 260-270 from a tank now if i don't boot it (which is impossible for me :innocent: )

Which ECU you using Jake?

Will it not need a remap for the different turbo?

Good point.

It's a MoTeC M600.

I was taking it very easy at first because I was expecting it to run lean under boost but actually it seems fine. I'm getting about 11.7 to 12.0 A/FR under boost and about 13.5 cruising. I've changed the exhaust to a quieter one (hence more restrictive) since the ECU was last mapped and it was running a little rich since then - the new turbo seems to actually run better AFRs than the old one did since I changed the exhaust.

:shrug:

I'll still get it fine tuned by Dan Turner sometimes but I honestly don;t think there's any rush.

Good point.

It's a MoTeC M600.

I was taking it very easy at first because I was expecting it to run lean under boost but actually it seems fine. I'm getting about 11.7 to 12.0 A/FR under boost and about 13.5 cruising. I've changed the exhaust to a quieter one (hence more restrictive) since the ECU was last mapped and it was running a little rich before - the new turbo seems to actually run better AFRs than the old one did since I changed the exhaust.

:shrug:

I'll still get it fine tuned by Dan Turner sometimes but I honestly don;t think there's any rush.

Thats good then. Just didnt want you to bugger things up now you finally have it running again :)

Very good afr's there jake compared to mine on the stock ecu and a decat. Esp as mine is running in the 10's at wot and between 13.5-15's in pootle/cruise.

As for the sbc, have you tried reducing the gain settings a tad to see what results you achieve there?

OK I'll knock the gain right down and increase it gradually until it over boosts.

It's so hard to drive a boosting single and look at the AFRs at the same time though, I couldn't cope with messing about with the gain today as well.

Glad to hear it's back up and running..

I too think you want a little extra fuel on boost (I'd rather you were safe and reliable!!), but you can counter that with reduced fueling on cruise as it should be in the 14-15:1 bracket.

Bit of fettling and she'll be all good :)

Thanks guys. :)

Ryan, I might get you to have a look at it and tweak the map for me. You can do Motec right? What do you charge per hour? How long roughly?

I need to go up to Oxford some time to see my old Nan in Headington.

It's so hard to drive a boosting single and look at the AFRs at the same time though

Glad someone else has the same problem... lol

I'd be interested to se how you do over 5.5k, I have the R version landing in a week, hoping it may have some more go in the upper rev range too.

Any chance you can also do the motorway Jamie P test for us;

1k in 6th and gun it..

see what rpm it makes +ve boost at,

what RPM is makes ..5 bar

what RPM it hits full boost at (and what that is)?

I'd be interested to know...:)

I'd be interested to se how you do over 5.5k, I have the R version landing in a week, hoping it may have some more go in the upper rev range too.
I'm sure it will compared to your GT35R. Which A/R did you go for?

Any chance you can also do the motorway Jamie P test for us;

1k in 6th and gun it..

see what rpm it makes +ve boost at,

what RPM is makes ..5 bar

what RPM it hits full boost at (and what that is)?

I must've missed that. Did he video it or just report the figures?

I can do that if you like Mike, after I've had the mapping checked.

I'm sure it will compared to your GT35R. Which A/R did you go for?

I must've missed that. Did he video it or just report the figures?

I can do that if you like Mike, after I've had the mapping checked.

I tried t go for the .85, but they discontinued it.. that is what Jamie ran.. can you remember that vid he posted up when he first got it mapped.. it looked quick enough for me!

So I went for the .95 like you..

He reported his figures.. which was supposed to start out as a sticky thread that everyone could use to see what works well, and what people had used.. but it degenerated into a handbag fight over technicalities.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=104625

I still think as a non-serious guide it would be good asset to the club if all the single bods filled it in. I actually found that my turbo gasket was knacked off that thread.

Also, I dunno what's up with my SBCiD boost controller but with it set to 1.0bar the car is hitting 1.2 bar. Air leak on the EBC wastegate hose maybe?

Funny you should say this Jake, today i drove the car to work and back with my 4088, so done about 50/60 miles now. When i first run the car off the wastegate i was expecting to see 8psi due to the spring. But i was actually seeing more like 10psi. Wastegate on mine is fine as i've had it off, cleaned and lubricated etc...

Ryan, I might get you to have a look at it and tweak the map for me. You can do Motec right? What do you charge per hour? How long roughly?

I need to go up to Oxford some time to see my old Nan in Headington.

Hi Jake its been a while since i used a motec all ecu are the same TBH just getting round the windows but this is where i was first trained with some efi training with Dave rowe back in the days.

He is the man to get to map your motec for a full map but i can easily tweak it for you bud. Pop me a pm with what motec you have and i will let you know a price bud wont take more than a hour i expect