The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Holy S**t it's fast!

Homer

After 6 months my single conversion is finally finished :D (or as close as one ever gets to finished!)

After a visit to Phoenix this afternoon for a leak down test, Mark gave it the all clear (results were great for the mileage). Thankfully the weather held out so Ryan.G installed my new PowerFC and spent this evening mapping it.

I must say the car is running absolutely spot on. It idles perfectly, even partial throttle and off boost is as smooth as it was when BPU.

On boost it's now seriously fast! It's like BPU +50% power and earlier spool. We started off on 1.0bar and that was very smooth and controllable, then moved to 1.2bar and things started getting rather quick. Next up was 1.4bar and Jesus did that fly! It just seems to pull and pull, even at 165 it just wants to get up and go. In the dry it's spinning through 1st and 2nd and even a little in 3rd, though it is much more controllable than BPU.

Ryan is going to have a look at the data logs in more detail later this week, but we saw it was hitting 1.1bar by 3100rpm in 6th. He's going to post some data logs to show the spool, afr, etc when he has some time.

Will get some video of it over the next few days for you all ;)

I'm a very happy chap now its finally done :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lad! Great boost figures at such low RPM. P.S - Great isnt it :)

I had my wheels completly spinning in 4th in the wet today, bouncing off the rev limiter with no traction :rlol:

The joys of single!

Cheers guys :) I'm still buzzing from driving it for the last 3 hours :D

Rob, take if from me, however much hassle you get, whatever the headache, it's worth it ;)

Geneb, yep, I'll be taking it to the next Reading meet (and probably taking a few passengers out... I think Toby is first on the list :D )

Phil, it's been a long time coming, the conversion was finished in November, but I had some 'technical' issues :innocent: A short spec is in my garage.

Can't wait until tomorrow now to take it out with the vid camera fitted.

Darryl, im glad it's finally all come together...good job:)

what AFR's are you seeing on boost and partial throttle?

Does it drive like stock off boost/cold start with the FC?

Thanks mate. You know I was just searching on who wanted the feedback on the power FC :D

I've not had chance to look at the AFR's in detail, though Ryan has said it's between 11.2 and 11.4 afr's on full throttle on full boost. It seems quite stable but is a bit early to say.

Off boost it runs like stock (seriously), partial throttle is completely smooth, even when at less than 5% throttle. I'm very impressed with it so far. From what I've seen, off boost, the afr's are consistently around stoik.

Cold start is not yet tested. Tomorrow will tell!

Ryan should be along tomorrow with more details and hopefully some nice looking pictures of the log files :)

Guest Geneb
dude please dont get a single too, i don't think i could keep up with you Geneb:salute: :

LOL no probs Jon i'll get the zimmer for you lol:p :p