The mkiv Supra Owners Club

n/a whingers

Dave

ok been on this forum since i brought my supe 3 years now, yes its an n/a,what ive noticed is that others that have brought an n/a have it about two weeks and then start complaining about the lack of power , when i brought mine i chose the n/a over a tt cause i knew i was going to use it everyday and wanted it to be reliable .if i would have brought a tt it would have emptied my wallet, cause if you can you always want more power and the tt is easy to tune but costs ££££££s.and looking in the tech section tt owners are always posting about problems .my n/a has cost me £.0 in repairs its a great looking car gets loads of attention so im happy .spent about 2k on it so far .sure if i had 4.5k spare i would go turbo but i aint so im not .so if your reading this and thinking of buying an n/a just because you want a supra remember you wont be racing ferraris and porsches.but you will be driving around like this :) :cool:

and also no one knows what you have under the bonnet so if you think your gonna lose DONT RACE and give them the satisfaction of beating you .works for me never lost yet .

ok been on this forum since i brought my supe 3 years now, yes its an n/a,what ive noticed is that others that have brought an n/a have it about two weeks and then start complaining about the lack of power , when i brought mine i chose the n/a over a tt cause i knew i was going to use it everyday and wanted it to be reliable .if i would have brought a tt it would have emptied my wallet, cause if you can you always want more power and the tt is easy to tune but costs ££££££s.and looking in the tech section tt owners are always posting about problems .my n/a has cost me £.0 in repairs its a great looking car gets loads of attention so im happy .spent about 2k on it so far .sure if i had 4.5k spare i would go turbo but i aint so im not .so if your reading this and thinking of buying an n/a just because you want a supra remember you wont be racing ferraris and porsches.but you will be driving around like this :) :cool:

and also no one knows what you have under the bonnet so if you think your gonna lose DONT RACE and give them the satisfaction of beating you .works for me never lost yet .

I agree with it all - except that I did have £4.5k spare, but still chose an NA.

I have had my NA for nearly 4 months now and I love it more than anything (well except the wife and kids)!!

Having read some of the horror stories of TT repair bills I know I made the right decision. If I had paid 10K and then got a huge bill for turbo's etc I would have been Fubarred and would have had to have sold the car for next to nothing as I have other things to spend my money on!!

As it is I paid 5K for a car and if it seriously fooks up, I will scrap it.........;)

Thing is with an NA, if you give it some welly they don't half go too.........:cool: Oh and my sig is sarcastic BTW..:)

H.

Im also very happy with my N/A, they have great torque low down so town driving is a pleasure and when you open it up its still quicker than 90% of the things on normal roads. To most people a 3 litre car is still a huge engine :D

Gotta agree with everything said so far, bought my NA in April 2003 so just over 4 years ownership and have never been worried about having a TT - looks :cool: goes fast enough when you need it to the point of being able to lose your licence and the repair bills / insurance etc doesn't break the bank.

Saying that, I've just spent about £400 on parts recently but that's just to replace fair wear and tear so I'm very happy.

I've also just spent about £300 on body parts, skirts, rear spats and a front splitter and the misses hasn't even batted an eyelid :D

hi there all i have a N/a been playing with the idea of a single turbo. but have know gone no way and going down the style line. i think the supra is one the sexist cars around and i love the looks it get. for me its not about the speed and n/a is a quick car but not as quick as TT. I have spent nothing on repairs and the engine is running sweet as a nut. i use it every day and still have money in my account. I love it and would not change it.

Originally Posted by Dave

i have a N/a and i always fall for a Race i have hunted and killed a subra WRX (was a mates car) N/a isn't really a slow car just the TT is better

the N/a is still able to do 150mph and it will get there a lot better than alot of other cars out there, and lets face it if you do get beat adn thrown you rattle out the pram you can always go out there and buy a TT ;)

Guest Geneb

i would go back to N/A tomorrow if i could find the right one, but you just cant that feeling of power when the second turbo kicks in:)

I think part of the problem is a general lack of knowledge about these engines (no fault of this site). More folk are possibly buying them without finding anything out about them first. The N/A motor is at a high stage of tune from the factory unlike other manufacturers' engines which have a lot of scope for modifications before you get to the expensive builds. I've had my N/A just over 3 years and it's a fantastic piece of kit and again, it's my daily driver, so reliability is of more importance than horses. I've not looked, but we should have a basic guide to N/A tuning in the FAQ's if we don't already, listing the basic upgrades ('zorst, de-cat, STOCK airbox, etc) and then the big upgrades (turbos, NOS, etc).

Not that anyone searches these days...

Try telling all this to the guy who got beat by that clieo the other day :D. As long as your happy with it thats the main thing.

that guy is dave's son.

ive said it before and il say it again i absolutely love my N/A. especially the way its looking now.

so nice to read a positive thread about na's.

I love my n/a.:D There does seem to be a lot of n/a bashing by the TT owners on this forum. I've even read someone describe n/a's as slow cars but as Rory said they are faster than most of the cars on the road.

If you wanna race and you've got deep pocket but a TT. If you want a good looking reliable car then an na's great.

Sometimes though I do wish I had deeper pockets:rolleyes:

Guest Geneb
it is great to see how many people love thier N/A supra and the power it has,and it only looks like its the tt boys that slag it off :p

apart from this one:p

2 TT's and 3 NA's in my time................

.............unless you really aren't power hungry you should really try to experience the TT at some point IMO ( i think i will again some day)..........

..........sometimes its economics, and as its approx double for a tt of the equivalent spec to an NA, which considering on balance the NA will be less to run, its quite a hike...........