The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick question

Guest Geneb

Guest Geneb
Unless your car has a 'one-off carbon-fibre' bodykit and an external dump-valve of course. :innocent: :D

Fook who told you it was me who bought that supreme one off car :(

There's a few other factors here chums.

1.2 bar using a boost controller, or from a JSpec naturally spinning from decatting? Fuelling modded or as stock over fuelling madly?

JSpec compared to UK spec?

Not to mention on the same rollers.

Hi Andy,

A rough guide is 10bhp increase for every psi increase in boost. 0.2Bar = 3psi, so increasng from 0.8Bar (stockish) to 1.0Bar would be a gain of approx 30bhp, same for 1.0 - 1.2. Assuming stock car is 320bhp, then 1.0 would be 350bhp and 1.2 would be 380bhp

what is the average BHP at 1.0bar BPU and at 1.2bar BPU

Thx andy

Guest Phillw454

I think you may be able to get 480 on j spec turbos but there would be a big risk of them going pop as i think youd have to run around 1.4 bar.

Stock? or hybrids?

They are stock turbos

Full Decat

FMIC

Greddy Profec B Boost Controller @ 1.2bar

FCD

This is Fly Wheel power we are talking about right?

I got 413rhhp @ Thor...account for about a 20% loss through drivetrain etc and it works out at about 490bhp at the fly

They are stock turbos

Full Decat

FMIC

Greddy Profec B Boost Controller

FCD

This is Fly Wheel power we are talking about right?

I got 413rhhp @ Thor...account for about a 20% loss through drivetrain etc and it works out at about 490bhp at the fly

IF you allow 20% drivetrain losses from the flywheel to the HUBS then 413rhhp = 518.75 flywheel. Which is a nonsense figure on stock turbos and impossible for stock injectors.

413 plus the 20% is 495.6
Yes it is, but that's not how you workout drive drivetrain losses. You need to take the percentage from the flywheel figure rather than adding it to the wheel figure (or the hub figure as you're doing)

516.25 less 20% = 413

518.75 less 20% = 415

(I was using the 415rhhp figure, that you used to have in your Sig, when I worked it out earlier)